Tuesday, May 23, 2006

still miserable..

jon is still miserable..he has no plans of getting into the wheelchair today...the pain management team called back and said to keep him on the effexor for 3more days, then on the 4th day double up the dose..then we'll go from there..
i asked what happens if he's still a 9 out of 10 in 2 or 3 days? they said send him to ER.. BUGGGGGED!!!!! then they said that he'd have to either to ER or come into the office for his appt which ISNT until june 16th?!?!?! HELLO!! so they moved it to june 6th "was the earliest they had"..anyway- SO frustrated right now! they said if anyone calls they'll plug him in..doesnt make sense that they cant "squeeze" him in when his level is sooo high!!
so i guess thats what were doing..watching him suffer endless, shivering, not wanting to move..it hurts sooo much to even move him up and down in the bed!

the PT and OT girls came...they said he's doing good physically..that he has a lot of potential..so that was encouraging..if we can JUST get this pain managed..he'd have WAY MORE potential!!

so thats where we are at..sorry im not really upbeat and positive..its all i can do to hold myself together right now..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that he is not feeling better. And ER rooms are not only time consuming but I would be worried about him picking up something else. I pray that you will have the strength you need right now to bear these burdens. That your shoulders will be made stronger and that the burden will get lighter. You have such a great perspective on things. It's OK to have days where you feel like breaking down. I would be more worried if you didn't. I am pulling for you guys!

(enjoy life from MC)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina,
I've been reading you blog almost daily. I know you've been searching for spinal pain info have you ck out
http://www.brighamandwomens.org/paintrials/spinal.aspx
it mentioned possibility of urinary infection and since Jon is on cathe, I wonder if he has some kind of internal infection. Just a thought, I'm not a doctor but I read alot.
I enjoy reading your blog very much. It's emotional reading about how much pain Jon is in and your family, especially you are holding up. We are praying and pulling for you guys. Take care of yourself.

Love,
Lydia Brady