Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blessing..

I left jon..sadly in horrible pain..i was rubbing his chest encouraging him to ask for a priesthood blessing..he said that he wants one and then he said "im so sorry honey, but your hand is KILLING me"...to not be able to even touch him- now THAT is SOOO hard to handle...you can just LOOk at him and SEE the pain with your own eyes..his face is red, tense, his eyes are like a filmy glossy look to them..it just hurts to do anything...

I cant seem to figure it out, we've been cathing him, he has no urinary tract infection, his bowels are working properly...none of those things are making the pain worse...i just dont get it..im thinking its a matter of finding the right combination of drugs that will work with his body...

He received a blessing while i was gone to katie's bridal shower...Kim said that he felt better after that and they got his program done, and washed and ready for the evening..im SOOOO grateful for kims help!!! THANKS KIM!!

I hope he's able to sleep still tonite..he did a LOT of sleeping today-i hope i can get some sleep too...

I think im still in mourning of losing the "old jon"...the "pain free -full of life" jon..its so sad but so true...i hope that you all kiss your spouses and loved ones and appreciate how pain free and full of life they are...we cant take those kinds of things for granted anymore...it REALLY is like the plan..coming to earth to appreciate the opposites of things..we dont REALLY appreciate the good until we've seen and felt the bad...im comforted to know that my Heavenly Father loves me SOOO much...HE knows what its like to watch the one you love suffer...how thankful i am to pray to Him and feel His love and undestanding..that brings me peace and hope at this dark hour..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina, this is Sherri, it was good to see you tonight at Katie's shower. That is where I learned about your blog site. I just want you to know that you have contsantly been in our prayers and that we think about you often. I hope that you don't mind me forwarding your site to some of my friends. The more prayers the better. Thank you for sharing your experience, you & Jon are an inspiration to me, of course you always have been.

Christina said...

Sherri-I cant believe you JUST found out about the blog!!! im soo sorry- i figure everyone knows about the "blog"...you may need a few hours to catch up on the blog..
please feel free to pass on to your friends..
and i LOVE replies!!!

TCUMBA said...

Christina,
I just happened to stumble over your blog, and wanted to send good wishes your way.

You have handled this situation with such amazing grace and dignity. I hope that you and your medical team are able to find the right combination of medications to give Jon relief.

I wish you continued strength and peace in your journey.

Caitlin and Mike said...

Christina,

All I can say, is that it has been a blessing for me, who doesn't even know you or family super well, to read this blog and see your faith and strength going through all this. This is a huge adjustment for you to get used to, so be forgiving of yourself when you have those bad days. Jon seems like an amazing person to, with a strong faith and amazing attitude. You are blessed to have so many loving family and friends and support you through this.

Your husband and children are sooo blessed to have a person like you for their mother and wife.

Love ya!

Caitlin from MC

Anonymous said...

Christina,

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping in better contact. I would love to send emails to you and Jon but I have miss placed your address. Could you send it to me? I would SO love to come visit Jon this weekend as we will not have any kids with us. If that is ok with you ;)

Thanks so much

Aaron Betts
bundydoc@socal.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!! Great to see you and HUGG you at Katie's shower(Chocolate strawberries) Yummy!!SOOOOO glad you chose to come!1 all loved seeing you.....it makes it ....well more real....make scense? Christina, Your Smile transends!!!you looked SOOOO good-your one HOT momma!!Girl! Great to see and speak with your mom Too! i think you just missed her....any way we disscussed the "patio slab" that you'll need for the back yard....and we want to get that in for you....when the time is right. We also spoke of the elevator too! sounds like it's all comming to gether.As we all know it will. ~ Again LOved to see and HUGG you xoxo Laura Bounds =)