Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday..

Well today is wednesday- i took a sleeping pill to help me again - i think its workign -- i also read the ensign to help me..i think i will cut the pills and just read the ensign to see if that helps..i just needed SOMETHING to stay sane!! im getting REALLLLLY burnt out and drained out in all facets, physically, emotionally and spiritually..and so i figured maybe if i had a couple nites of decent sleep that would help--i think it is..
The caretaker is here now- its a young man from kenya named michael- he lived most of his life in england though..so far he's doing great! so now its up to jon to see if he's happy with him or not..im just thankful that for ONE day he's here to help do it!! he's had experience so thats great too..
After he's gone i will keep working on getting the truck packed to stay over nite at my parents- its alot of work! but i made my lists and have been scratching things off..we will probably leave in the next couple of hours..i think my dad would like to "hang" with jon - he misses him! i will try to relax and maybe jump in my parents pool with the girls while becca takes a nap..
We will obviously be busy ALL day on thursday- then friday michael will be back to help in the morning (if jon likes him) and that will be fantastic for me! he cannot do saturdays which is okay - i'll do saturdays..
It will be fun to see everyone from the stake we grew up in - if you see us tell jon how FANTASTIC he is doing and be upbeat! Tell him how you or your family has changed because of his trial and experience- he's SOOOO incredibly motivated by the change in other people's lives...it encourages him and both of us to continue on and forge ahead..it makes the trial worthwhile to aide in softening the hearts of HF to draw nearer unto Him - how blessed we are to be the instruments as HF's hands to bring His children closer unto him..as jon famously says "rock on!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina,
I was reading your blog last week about suggestions for Jon's overnite cath. I had a suggestion but you may have already tried this. Working at a hospital myself, I see patients with a condom catheter. Instead of the rubber catheter going directly into the patient, a condom catheter is a condom with the rubber tubing coming off the end of the condom and draining into the bag. So when the patient urinates, the urine is directed into the tubing which stays in place by the condom. I would imagin this lessens the risk for UTI's because nothing is actually inserted into the patient himself. It would be easy to place on before bed and remove in the morning. I fear this might not be an option for Jon though because of his paralysis. He might need something that goes directly into his bladder to drain it. But it kept bugging me all week and I thought I should at least mention it to you so you can look into it.