Thursday, July 13, 2006

momma's tired!

well today - momma's tired..i didnt get to bed last nite till 130am..then up at 4am to cath jon and up at 830am to get things going..its getting hard to keep sleeping on the couch!
i got up and got everyone ready for the day including jon..as i was doing range of motion and stretchign with him..i just wanted to fall asleep..so after it was over i tried to lay on the couch but as usual my mind is just spinning..so it didnt quite work..maybe once i get jon up in his chair and the girls are back home and becca is down for a nap..i will attempt to go into my bed and get some shut eye..
today jon has the wheelchair company coming out to give him a new "loaner" chair..im SO frustrated with this wheelchair company (Option One)...they took from 5/3-6/20 to get a quote over to our medical group to fax it over to the insurance company for an approval..now health net bought out universal care july 1st we switched over so we have to start ALLLL over AGAIN! rghhghg..i asked them so what exactly took so long of your to simply fax over a quote??? they just kinda of "well um, not sure um um" so i said we'll i have a loaner chair that is not comfortable for my husband, we thought we'd have his wheelchair 4 weeks ago..could you atleast please come switch it out for a different one? its not even sized right for him..so thats waht they are doing for us..and they said once the insurance approves it and gives the okay which health net benefit is only 5k for TOTAL equipment for jon AND we still pay 20% of the bill..the chair is going to cost about 10k..so once the insurance gives the go ahead then Option One will put a rush and it should be ready in 3 weeks..so we'll see..
after Option One comes to the house jon has OT at 230pm, and then outpatient rehab at 415pm...scott is coming up today so he'll be able to stay with the girls while i take jon to that..
well time to get jon up into his wheelchair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, all these comments just make me cry.. you all make me feel more grateful for my husband and children, and the time I have with them... I am sorry for what you are going through, and I have written a lot more comments than I have actually posted, because I feel, what can I possibly say to Christina? I have no idea what to say to help. I guess just know that here in washington, I read your blog every day, I am in awe of you.. I imagine my feelings would be the same. the time you cried out on the deck when you were on the cruise, my heart just hurt for you. When I read been there's post, I do get a better idea of what you are dealing with... when my husband asks me to do simple things for him now, I have a new perspective. Thanks for sharing your experiences.. I am learning every day from you.
Take care! Heavenly Father loves you both- as well as your sweet girls! lauralee