Thursday, July 20, 2006

caretaker honesty...

well as my luck has been going..this caretaker isnt going to work..to start with her honesty..
i called the agency i used to get her- this is the same agency i have used to get the caretakers we've had..the owner is LDS and only takes 10% off their pay..so she sent me this girl and said that she's never used her before but she says shes done everything to do with a quad..
so she came..and didnt know how to cath, or do any of the bowel program process that is typically and the same for EVERY quad patient..she really only knew how to give a bath..and even that was FOREVER long..
then like i said before it came down to money..when she came the LDS owner told me she'd charge me 15 per hour..then the caretaker said - well it cost's me 20 in gas to go to and from your home and gas prices are so high...so if you pay me 45 im really only making 25 per day..i said wow 20 in gas EACH day- dont you live in perris?? she said yes. I said perris is like 15 MAYBE 20 minutes from our house - does it really cost your toyota camry 20 dollars a day??? she again said yes. So we had compromised my 15 which i THOUGHT i was going to pay to her thing of needing 20 PER HOUR..we brought it down to 17..
SO i called the LDS agency and she said she was NOT suppose to ask for me, we contracted for 15 nothing less and nothing more, when i mentioned the whole gas thing she said thats not being honest either, when i mentioned she didnt know how to do any of the work, she said she wasnt being honest with her either, and i said man if im going to be paying 17 per hour i'd PREFER to have someone that could ATLEAST cath, do the bowel program and REALLY do the transfers for me!! she totally agree'd with me..so she said she will try to find someone else for me..
SO AGAIN if anyone knows of anyone..please help us! im trying to find nursing students, anyone that is in college and can work from 9-12..3 hours a day..

anyway - such is our life..back to the drawing board!

No comments: