Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tired Tuesday!

Well last nite all went REALLY well with the buddy system- the girls have REALLY stepped up to the plate and been incredibly helpful- ESPECIALLY sarah!! she's a lot like me in being helpful the way she is..im so grateful!! We had our fhe, sarah did the lesson..then they went to bed and i got jon into bed..by then camille hughes came over and chit chated with jon while i went running..i actually ran over 3 miles..SO TIRED and sore now!! but it felt great to be back running again..im grateful for friends that encourage me to keep this up..
Last nite i didnt sleep at all..becca was crying alot and keeping sarah awake and so she wanted to come sleep downstairs on teh couch with me- which there already isnt enough room to begin with - so i put her on the floor..then i was up at 4am to help jon and i have a hard time getting to the deep REM sleep for some reason..then it was up again with everyone to get the day started..
I think im extra tired because i ran so much last nite- hey louann only 23 more miles to catch up to you!! look out!! hahah
As far as all the comments about my children..i remind myself of the priesthood blessing that pres. albrechtson gave to me in which he stated that i will be guided as the mother of my children to do what is best for them..and to hold to that..and remember that..i will receive revelation as to what is in the best interest for them..while im grateful for people's comments..i will continue to do what i feel is best for them, even if it is not what other people feel is correct or what they would do..i will continue to live my life the best i can so that i have the Spirit with me to guide me in all manners of life..especially when it involves my children..

11 comments:

TX Girl said...

You and Jon are the only ones that know what is best for your kids. I think the buddy system is a great idea. It helps to give them responsibility and understanding of what it means to be apart of a family. Families help one another-period.

Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Christina,
You are doing an unbelievable job. I don't think there are many women today who could do what you are doing, and do it with such grace. You are an inspiration to us all and just from reading your blog I can tell that you are a wonderful mother. Your girls are very lucky as is your husband to have such a wonderful wife. Thank you for sharing your life with the rest of us, we are better for it and appreciate that you are able to share this experience. Please do not let other people's comments keep you from writing or sharing. You are doing an excellent job and please know that you have many people supporting you and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Christina,
I saw your girls at Lamb Day and it made me just smile...I love your family so much. I love the buddy system thing...I want to try it. It reminds me of something John and I heard a while back..."Parenting is the art of transferring responsibility from your shoulders, on to theirs." No matter your situation, all children can benefit from helping, and I truly believe that it will help them get along better together, and love each other more. Sacrifice and responsibility for one another truly helps us "love our neighbors." You're a great mom. I love you and Jon. Kisses to y'all! Kim

Anonymous said...

Christina.
I think you are doing an awesome job. You are a wonderful Mother.
You and your family are always in my family’s prayers.
Keep staying Strong girl.
WOW!!!!! 3 miles. That is great!!!! Keep it up. I love to run. That is how I get all my stress out by running.
Your MC friend,
Donna ( Monty)

Anonymous said...

BBM-YOu are doing a wonderful job!! You are truly an inspired mother. Congrats on 3 miles!!! Keep it up.
Laura
-jlhuston from MC

Anonymous said...

I love your buddy system. I have a brother with a very large family and two children with severe disabilities. They have grown up learning to take care of each other and it has made them wonderful, caring, responsible people. It is impossible for one person to take care of all you have to do. Your children will be greatly blessed by this. The burden is heavy on your family and your girls will love helping each other (and their parents) in this way.

Anonymous said...

christina-
you are doing great, I think ummm we need another little one, so we can do that buddy system, hadn't heard of it, but LOVE IT! I know my girls are so proud of themselves when they are helping around the house! You are doing an incredible job! I saw Michael McLean sunday night at a fireside, I love his music, and he was singing, well we all got to sing with him- to a man who just lost his wife, Hold on - Hold on- the Light will come- it was really powerful- so Christina- Hold On! The Light will come! You guys are going to make it!

love from lauralee in WA

Doug and Kristen said...

I have seen that buddy system before and I think it is genius! It is genius of you to think of it (actually the spirit helped with your genius, I'm sure). You guys are amazing, truly. Hopefully you can feel the wide reach of prayers in your direction. Way to keep a good perspective on some of the comments and opinions of others. I'll email you this wonderful quote on Mother Theresa that will help with some of those feelings. Keep holding on!

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing great! I can't imagine what I would do during this kind of trial, but you know what is best for your family.

I dont think advice should be given to you on your family from people you dont know on a blog!! I think you should be receiving support...not criticism!!

Tracy said...

Christina!
I think you are doing a great job! I think Mah said it best!! And I also think the buddy system is a great idea. Growing up with 5 siblings younger than me I did my fair share of looking out for the younger siblings. I think it made me a better person and I think that is one of the reasons I am so close to them now.
You are awesome and so is Jon and your wonderful daughters!!

Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

Christina,
you are such an inspiration to me. With all you do and have been through you still seem so put together and are on top of everything. I think your buddy system is a great idea and I hope it continues to work well for you! You deserve that much! Thank you for letting me read your blog it is so uplifting and filled with the spirit I thouroughly enjoy reading it every day.

Your friend from MC
gillangirl