Tuesday, June 06, 2006

tuesday morning..

jon slept well thru the nite..he said he felt a couple times like an ant or a spider was crawling across his face..he said he thinks he killed whatever it was the 2nd time!! I HATE BUGS!!! i would SOO be going crazy!!!
he seems to be doing well this morning..the caretaker is feeding him his breakfast, and then we'll start the bowel program...katie should be here in a couple of hours to help for the day..
everyday jon does "exercises" in the morning..he moves his hips, his legs, his knees, his feet, his toes...in hopes that ONE day it might move JUST like the toe did...we ask that you pray for more movement..that is the next step and focus in our prayers..for movement...he's been working SO hard every morning!! i always come in and am amazed at his red face! right now he's been REALLY focusing on his hips and knees..he had me look today..it was hard to tell if they were moving or not..you start to WANT everything to move and sometimes your brain can do trick on you..by the time i was looking he was so tired from trying the hour before..that he said we'll have to come back to it--

i forgot to mention yesterday that we had a "plumbing problem" yesterday..so jon had me fix it! YIKES! and i dont mean a plunger - i mean open the sewer thing and pull this HUGE pipe out, and then sticking the snake in the sewer line thing and making it work!! and YEP I DID IT!!! allll by myself!!! it was quite comical-- as most things are with me and jon...picture this..jon in his chair..the sewer line thing i have to get to is in the 3rd car garage...jon tells me which tools to get..and says "you might want some latex gloves for this!" so of course i call my neighbor Matt instead!!! hahah..so now we have jon-wheelchair, me with the gloves over the sewer thing, matt and his wife amy..i got the sewer thing up with the screwdriver, and the line is FILLED to the rim with well ya know..sewer stuff..i look at him and say.."okay dont even tell me i have to stick my hand in that!??!!" he says "uh ya..you will need to put your hand in there- make sure you glove goes WAY up your arm so you dont touch anything!!" i said "NO WAY! are you for real???" if anyone knows the hales boys..they are good at making things seem real!! i know i just have to look at jons eyes, and if his eye brow wiggles..he's lying!! IT WASNT MOVING!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH -- so i look at matt and amy and say - matt is he for real??? matt says- i have no idea?!?! ive never done this! i just call ed the plumber!!
so now im scared..but hey im a big girl and can do this..so i stick my hand in..find the screw i have to unwind, then whoala - get the pipe up! YAA!! then i had to stick the snake ALLLLL the way down to make things move..and then after trying for a few minutes..all of a sudden it worked!!!! i think jon was TOTALLY surprised that i had done it!!!! jon said "dang honey - im so proud! but if you were a plumber- you work WAYYY to fast!!!!" i then ran all the water to flush it our real good and then put it all back together and washed my hands for about 20 minutes!!!! so dad- arent you SOOO impressed!!! Matt and Amy joked that if they have any issues..the now know what to do -- theyre going to just CALL ME..too funny!!
this makes me laugh..because jon ALWAYS would say - you need to come watch me do this because maybe one day i wont be able to..i always said OH PLEASE-we'll worry about that when we get there- i cant believe were there...he said that about the sprinkling system, the pool system, the computer, etc...and yet i always just said OH PLEASE..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello..... is this Hales plumbing co.? I have a drain clogged in my bathroom! HAHAHAHAHA! YOU ARE AWESOME! I HAVE TO GIVE YOU PROPS, I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT! CALL US THE NEXT TIME YOU NEED AN AUDIENCE AGAIN!

AMY

Anonymous said...

You are a lot braver than I. I think you need more than ice cream to celebrate that accomplishment. I bet you will never look at the toliet the same. At least the sewer knows it is no match to your plumbing skills.