Monday, June 19, 2006

thanks for your prayers...

you all must have prayed extra hard for me last nite- i want to thank you! i truly feel like thats what happened...i actually went to bed at 1030pm last nite which was SO NICE!! i usually dont go till 12 or 1am..then i slept clear thru 7am till the girls came in my room ( i make them do that so the nurse can sleep and they watch tv quietly)..then i got up at 8am to start my round with jon..its now 10am and i got everything done already - ALL BY MYSELF!!! i cath'd him (which means helped him go pee-using equipment...it takes 15 minutes to do this procedure), then fed him breakfast, gave all his meds, brushed his teeth, put deodarant on him, changed his shirt..fed myself breafkast and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher..mind you the NURSE is the one that im PAYING to do all this for me..i dont even know or care anymore what she's doing..the weekend nurse is SOOOO overbearing im kind of done with her..and the week nurse is really lazy..i REALLY need something different over here!!! anyway- in about 10 more minutes i'll start his bowel program...

Jons family does come up here daily..typically getting here around 1230pm..katie and seth are tuesdays, robert is wednesdays, scott is thursdays, and sandra is fridays..i have no help for saturdays or sundays..which is maybe why im so groucy by sunday afternoon/nite time...they have very busy lives..they all work at roberts law office which is mad busy right now..so were very thankful they take a day off and come help me..when they are here i feel HORRIBLY guilty leaving them with jon AND ALL four girls to just "check out" so i tend to just stay home unless i have to go pick up meds at walgreens..its overwhelming for me when im by myself..i cant imagine leaving them with his family when they aren't use to it...the nurse is typically sleeping from 12-4 or 5pm so thats why i have to be home...

well we have no real plans for today...jon has his urologist appt tomorrow for his UTI which apparently is so bad that not even an antibiotic will work..they have to "flush him"..so we'll see what that is all about..right now while im thinking about it im going to call dr. jackson who did the surgery and get him to call us since he forgot 2 weeks ago...after that i'll go thru bills and make sure everything has been paid before we leave for the cruise...i need to go thru my 4 page list of stuff to bring and make sure its all organized again and start packing...

so thank you for your specific prayers on my behalf and thank you to my friends who have all individually emailed me to "check up on me" last nite- i SOOO appreciate my friends..they are everything to me...people i trust...people i care about..people who help me...people who make me laugh...people who pick me up milk without asking me..people who bring me chocolate...people who quietly come to sweep my floors...people who invite my children to their homes to play or to the park...thanks guys..you rock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SSSSSOOOOooooo PROUD OF YOU!!!!TA!DA!PROGRESS IS ---SO FINE!!And those pictures tell a million words! "YOU" ROCK!!!!!!!!Christina!!!"YOU ROCK!!! And P.S. Isn't Prayer SO Devine? I love it! And you!! XOXO laura~

Anonymous said...

It seems like the nurses are doing nothing and you are doing everything. I hope that you find a good one soon. You definitely need a break. And people need the opportunity to serve you. It's part of our baptism covenants.