Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sorry-

Sorry i havent written - im paying 75 cents PER MINUTE to do this - so i have to be quick! i type it all in word doc then copy and paste it here- anyway - its 3 days worth so make sure you have time to read!!!!

Sunday

Today is Sunday now. We are so backwards on our time change! Kim had come to do jons 4am cath and meds, only to realize it was 7am and time to get going!! YIKES! So we all scrambled our things together and headed downstairs for some quick breakfast before it closed. We then got ALLL of our luggage and got it downstairs back into the 3 vans, cramed ourselves in and off we went to the Miami dock. It was CRAZY tropical rain storm – well maybe not crazy to the locals but crazy for someone who lives in Riverside and hardly see’s rain pour down – so much so that people literally had pulled over off the frwy’s to “wait it out”..while our vans kept going – SCARY!!! But soon enough we had passed thru the little storm and got to the dock where it was just sprinkling/mistyness…we then unloaded ALL our luggage- which his TONS for 33 people! And then headed into the doors to check into the ship..since jon was special, we got to go thru the VIP line..the only thing is..ONLY me and jon were suppose to go thru the line, but we managed to get all 33 of us in there- it was hilarious..they were super cool though and we’re way nice to all of us – so it was great- I think they saw all the kids and would rather get us all in then listen to 15 kids complain about the lines!!!! Everyone thanked jon when they reached the end after checking in –it was great!
We then got on the boat, checked into our rooms and went to go find some lunch…we all just went about our own ways looking and exploring the ship..the kids were WAY bummed because “camp carnival” didn’t open till tomorrow- BIG UGH for me!!
It was soon time for our family to eat dinner which is every nite at 545pm..we took up 3 HUGE tables in the middle-the waiters said “oh you know those people?” we said ya! Then they said “oh AND you know THOSE people?” we said yep- its all our family!! I think everyone was pretty shocked…
After dinner, we got settled back into our rooms…it was a CRAZY nite for me—I kept thinking – this is WAY more work then a vacation really should be!! I was beginning to second guess why it was exactly I came again??? But I remember the blessing that jons father gave me which stated” this vacation is for the family and remember its to enjoy and have fun and build memories that will last forever”..i keep saying that in my mind when things are out of control and I just want to go hide in my room and cry…the first day and nite was REALLLLY super hard on me…to be a single parent is very difficult, its so nice to be able to say to your spouse- here take this child I’ll go get the rest..but I have no one to do that with..so its difficult..but im trying to keep my cool and not break down..because I had kids in all different rooms, I had to keep running back and forth to check on them and what not, I think I went to sleep around midnite, then kim came in for jons cath and then I did the 4am one and then kim was in again at 7am..so needless to say I didn’t get much sleep Monday night!! It was a crazy day and nite- but we managed to survive day one – jon did really well throughout the day – so that was wonderful! Here’s hope that tomorrow is better then today!!


Monday

Today is Monday. What a nite! I guess I wrote about that in my previous post. We got up for the bowel program, I had becca and anna RIGHT underneath me thru the whole process which was difficult…but we just did what we had to do. Jon had a good program so I was REALLY happy about that. Then we got him showered, again becca and anna are right underneath me again-but we did our best. Jon passed out about 2-3 times during this process- which is why there typically needs to always be two people when we do this..he came too each time we did what we needed to do – which is tip him WAY back and get his feet WAY up..We then got him back in bed- I quickly got dressed and got the other two girls dressed while kim got jon dressed. I took the 2 small girls downstairs to get fruit real quick for breakfast- then dropped them off at camp carnival. I had to be back soon to pick them both up. I then came back to check on jon –he was still getting ready – so then I ran down to get Rachel and sarah up and ready for the day and took them down to get breakfast- only the breakfast line was ENDING and the lunch one beginning!! YIKES! So I grabbed 2 plates along with theirs and got a couple egg omletes and fruit and bacon for me, kim and jon knowing they wouldn’t make it for breakfast..we then just took all our plates up to jons room and ate together..poor sarah..she got some cereal and milk..only she said “oh mom this florida milks is GROSS!” I said- they don’t have “florida milk” its all the same – she said “no way – this is really gross!” so I tried it..and it was REALLY SPOILED!! It really tasted like throw up- it was so bad!!! I then hurried and ate and ran back upstairs again to get them signed into camp carnival. Then I ran back downstairs to check on jon-kim was able to hop in the shower and then start feeding him breakfast. Poor kim I felt bad- she’s not a mushrooms kinda gal – so she wasn’t too interested in the omlete- but was really grateful I attempted to get her something- poor girl! It was then time to get the girls all out of camp and I came and put becca down for a nap—she was just cranky as EVER – so jon said ‘lets just put her down” so I did- and she slept CLEAR till 430!!!! So I put becca down – then grabbed my swim suit and the girls and we headed to the pools..which were SOOOOO crowded!! Jon even managed to come for a few minutes- he stayed in the shade…poor guy- he looked so quiet and just sitting there…I felt bad..i didn’t know what he was thinking..i could only imagine..not quite how we pictured this fabulous vacation – but what do you do – you just keep going and make the best of what you have ..the girls went down this big swirly slide with all their cousins..and then it was time already and hour later to get them back into their rooms, dried off and ready to go back to camp carnival..so I got everyone ready-checked on becca who was still sleeping and dropped everyone back off at the camp thing..i then came down stairs to check on jon …he was pretty tired…we decided to go grab some late lunch since kim hadn’t even eaten yet and dinner was not for a couple of hours…by that time lunch was over and getting cleaned up –we missed it AGAIN by 5 minutes- RGHGHHG…we managed to find some pizza…so we just had some of that..we then took jon outside to sit with his dad and some family..by that time again it was time to get the girls for an hour because camp was closed for an hour..so I raced back to get everyone picked up..checked on becca who was STILL sleeping..so me and the girls found some ice cream and we ate that and waited for the hour to go by..jon went back into his room to rest before the formal dinner…I then came to check on jon..and kim had becca and changed her diaper for me- so she was ready to go to camp carnival with the other 3 girls..so then back upstairs again to get them all back in…this time it was 5pm and they could all stay till 10pm..WHOOO HOO!!! My FIRST real break!! So I got everyone signed in and away they went – I then rushed back downstairs to change into my black dress I wore for marks wedding and helped kim get jon dressed just into a white shirt and tie and we threw a black blanket over his legs! It worked! We then rushed down to our dinner table..we are suppose to eat evey nite at 545pm..we got there about 6pm and all the kids were gone-it was just the adults- so it was fun..
We then took jon back up to the room and got him into bed to rest from the past few days..he was really wiped out- he has no pain..just this time change and little sleep is hard on him..he is just very quite…
I then changed out of my black dress and into my workout clothes to go run – this was my goal – to be able to run 2 miles around the ship track – and I did! It was SUPER hard though!!! I saw the sign and it said 9 laps is 1 mile = OH MAN!!! And I usually do 1.4 miles of walking BEFORE I do my 2 miles of running – so that’s like 32 laps!!! I did my best..i kept losing track of which number I was on – did I just finish lap 12 or just start lap 12 –ahhhhh!!! The boat was nice to run on..it was super dark –except for all the boat lights were lit up everywhere- so it was REALLY bright on the boat-but dark outside and on the water – if that makes sense…there were tons of people out and lots of walkers, runners and crawlers- which is probably what I was! It was VERYYY windy and REALLLYYYY muggy and hot- kind of a weird mixture!! But I did it nonetheless and im super excited that I achieved this small goal I set for myself! I feel like I tend to do SO much for everyone else and nothing for myself – so this was something I did for myself and im glad I made it!!!
I then got paged by the camp carnival phone to go get becca..she was ready to go..anna was totally asleep on the floor..so I took becca up- changed her clothes and got her into bed- they had actually changed her diaper FOR ME! SO NICE! Then I got her into bed- back upstairs (2 flights of stairs) to get anna nd got her down into our room for bed, checked on jon in the room then back up again to get sarah and Rachel and then took them all the way down to their rooms, got them settled in for the nite, went past becca’s room with kim – she was out for the nite and came back to our room where I checked on anna and jon who were both asleep – so I decided to take my shower and got ready for the nite. I read on a paper that it says to move your clock back one hour- MY FAVORITE THING ive heard all day!!! That will help SO MUCH!!!
So today was definitely a better day for me…tired for jon though…and the girls had TONS of fun…tomorrow camp carnival starts up early at 7am! Then they are in it all day till about 3pm then they go back at 4 or 5pm till all nite again if you want them too..the kids LOVE the carnival thing- my kids are always so bummed when I have to pick them up- which makes it nice!!! We should be going to the cayman islands- I think we swim with the sting rays- NO THANKS for me- so the girls will have to go with some brave aunts and uncles – which im finding its hard to find those!??!?!? Well have to see what happens…I think jon will most likely stay here on board the ship and relax- there are a few ports he cant get out onto and so he’ll just be here with kim…
Well its now time to get him cathd again so we can all sleep…Robert and Sandra are going to come up and get the 2 small girls so that me and kim can do the bowel program without little girls underneath us- that will be SUCH a huge help! They’ll get them dressed and fed and off to camp carnival – SO NICE!!!

TUESDAY

So today is now Tuesday. It was a rough nite for me. I felt like I was up a lot with jon- him being either too cold, or too hot, or it was time to cath or this or that..anyway – I woke up not in the best mood…sandra came and got becca out of her room. Anna was still sleeping as well as I was. Kim just came in and did her thing and left to come back again. I was then up 30 minutes later getting things together..jon had a successful bowel program despite passing out about 5-6 times!! He spent most of his day in bed resting. I quickly got things together and headed down to get ready to port to the Cayman Islands. Once ALLL the way down there I realized I didn’t have rebecca’s ship card so I had to come all the way back up and search for it- UGHHGHG!! I did manage to find it- we made it onto the porting ship and made it to the destination. I wasn’t too impressed with Cayman Island – I thought it would be some tropical paradise- it was more of a remodel in the works type place- the weather is SO HOT and HUMID and muggy- it makes it pretty miserable…we all split up- I took the 2 small girls to Seven Mile beach – it was a 5 dollar per person taxi ride to go 2 miles..we got there and I rented a couple of pails and shovels and we hung out there- the sand was white and SUPER soft and the water was REALLY clear- like post card kind of clear blue – it was awesome!! We spent 2.5 hours there me and the 2 small girls..mostly in the water because it was SO dang hot!! We then left and headed back to the meeting spot- I was really ready to go – handling 2 small kids by myself is rough –especially in this weather!! They were getting tired- me and anna hadn’t even eaten anything all day- and becca was done with the beach..we got back to where we port back on- I decided to just leave early and use the walkie talkie to let them know I had left- but AGAIN realized I now didn’t have anna’s card- grandpa had it- so we sat and waited for them for 45 minutes. Then we waited another 45 minutes till I decided to get in line..to wait another 40 minutes in the line to port..i made it to the front- Kelly and Kristi joined me and as we got to the front the rest of the family showed and hopped in line with us…so we all went back to the main ship together…
We came back and jon was still in his bed just resting for the day…I got us changed..Rachel and sarah did their own thing.. I had to wait around for 2 hours before the kids could go back to kids club camp thing..so I ordered room service for me and the 2 small girls..then it came 30 minutes later- we ate and I had another hour to kill..so we walked around the ship..then it was finally time to check them in…
I got them all checked in and I headed straight downstairs to go to bed!!! I didn’t want to go to dinner or have to talk to anyone- because I was on the verge of a breakdown again..so I came to my room and locked it basically!! I slept for 10 minutes before the camp called saying becca was crying..i went up – got becca and put her to bed for the nite..then came back into my room to sleep – I slept about 2 hours in and out..and then I got back up and found myself some dinner and then it was time to pick up the girls – I then took them over to karokee – they were too embarrassed and shy to sing! CRAZY! So I went up and sang – then we left and I put them to bed.
So as you can see- this is more work then it is play for me…there are times I wish I could just go home..but im trying my best to be happy and have TONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and TONSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of patience…I think my problem is lack of sleep, dealing with 4 kids, and working with jon…I didn’t think it would be this hard- but its twice as hard..im really hoping tomorrow is a little better- I don’t think I’ll go off the ship – were going to Honduras..i’ll have to see whats going on – but I may just keep us all here since everyone will be gone – we’ll let the 2 older ones go with family and keep the 2 younger ones here with me..we’ll see…
I think jons doing well – his bowel programs are right on target – his pain is good – he’s just either really cold or really hot…but all and all he’s doing good..
Well its 930 cali time and 1130 or 1230 ship time – so either way im going to bed!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Utilize that family while they're around. Sounds like you're coordinating everything a lot on your own. We all hope you get a little chance to relax.

Bond Girl 007 said...

I think one day you should just ask family to take the girls for at least half the day without having to go and check on them at all! that way you can count on a good block of 3 to 4 hours to just do something you would like to do for yourself. Hang in there...cruises tend to be a little exhausting when you are trying to do everything in the intinerary...so ask for a little help!