Sunday, April 02, 2006

xray and mri

well its now 1100pm...im waiting for jon do doze off...they'll be here in an hour to turn him and cath him...we told them to do it quietly and to not wake jon up so he can sleep thru it all..so they said they would..if we tell them ahead of time..then they are good about it..have to say the week nurses are MUCH better then the weekend nurses!!!
the doctor had come in..we talked to him about jon having his whole body burn thru the night...the doctor said he's going to be having him take another xray and mri..so that was exciting news to see what we can see from those...he's also putting an order in for a bladder sample..hopefully he doesnt have a bladder infection and can just keep progressing...
please include change in your prayers..that he will have changes in his healing..so that we might be able to stay here in rehab a little longer then 20 days..we found that to be pretty small amount of time!!!
thanks again to everyone - im really ready to sleep now..i cant believe HOW MUCH this takes out of me...you think its not that bad..but it does take a lot...me or someone has to do every tiny little thing for him...its mind boggling to think that he isnt able to do anything for himself...go to the bathroom, pick his nose, brush his teeth, hold onto anything, the list goes on forever..but were SO thankful that in the end...jon is still jon...he's the same jon we all love and enjoyed before this happened...and for THAT i am truly grateful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina, this is JMom (Heather) from Mormonchic, I don't know if you even recognize my name! But I just want to say how in awe of you and your family I am. I sac. mtg, just 2 weeks ago, we had a talk on trials. The speaker said that we all have Kirtlands (trying times) and Nauvoos (good times) in our lives. And like our food storage, we need to spiritually store up for the trying times in our lives. You have been a great example of this! I am in a Nauvoo in my life right now, but I know it will not last forever! I will continue to have huge trials along with my small daily trials. Whenever the next trial comes, I will surely look to your example to buoy me up. I live in UT, but I really wish that I could help you in some way! I'll pray for your family and do my best to help MY neighbors here in UT that need help. Thanks Christina!
Heather