Wednesday, April 05, 2006

prayer for jon

jon is feeling a little down because he feels HE hasnt seen any progress...he's starting to realize just HOW LONG this truly is going to take..he's very bummed that his fingers aren't moving...
he had great therapy today then gets SO beat out tired...scott came to work with him no his article...but jon was so tired he didnt do much of anything for two hours..
i took the older 2 girls to see him..they were super excited...i asked rachel if she'd still be happy even if daddy was in a wheelchair- she said OF COURSE! he's still my dad - i love him no matter what!! that was comforting to know...i told jon when we got there..i think she was just happy to be with mom and with dad...i let the girls ride around in daddy's wheelchair..they thought that was super cool...
we then left...jon didnt want to leave...seeing the girls just reminds him of what life "use to be like"...now its all different...he told me..i just WISH i could reach out and touch you..i cant even do that...he's having a hard time it seems...

PLEASE pray for his spirit...that he will be strong..i understand its a day by day and some days are good and some days aren't...also please pray that the burning all over his body will subside..he says in a lot of pain now with all that burning going on..its getting too much to handle...

i just hate seeing him struggle like this...to watch what he's going through..i imagine its much like how Heavenly Father felt watching Christ suffer for all of our sins...he knew and could see the outcome..as did Jesus i believe..but Jesus STILL had to suffer and go through that..much like jon...jon can see and knows the end outcome..but like Christ he still has to go thru the suffering part....
immediatley after jons injury..he was lying on the ground and his thought was even Christ suffered and went thru this..I with His help..can too...

sorry if this post seems a little sad...because..well..it is...i dont ever wish this on anyone...these are SUCH LONG days for me...it can get discouraging...however..
i believe its what we do with that discouragment that will make or break us...i know what needs to be done in these times of discouragment..its very simple..its prayer...isnt it wonderful how we feel after a good prayer! its what helps me keep myself together and not fall apart..and also all of YOUR prayers...your prayers help me just as much as jon..just in a different matter...and i thank you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina - You don't know me, but I lurk on mchic and I'm familiar with your posts on that site. I just want you to know that since I learned of Jon's accident via the mchic board, I have been remembering Jon, you and your sweet girls in my prayers every night. The strength, faith and testimony both you and Jon have are very clearly expressed in your blog posts and I find both of you so inspiring. As a sidenote: I hope that someone is printing out your blog posts every day for you so you can someday assemble them into a physical book - what an incredible record of your family and your family's faith you are creating! God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina I too have been a lurker at mc. You probably realise that up and downs are normal and will continue for a long time I hope you and Jon are taking advantage of the emotional support given by the rehab facility. Your family continues to amaze me and give me hope Keep up the good work