Sunday, April 02, 2006

jon passes out

jon was getting into his wheelchair about 8pm..and he had been getting dizzy all day getting in and out of his chair..so he warned them..so he gets up..and says, "i feel dizzy and my ears are ringing.." so they keep him just sitted up at the side of the bed...then he just starts STARING out..im thinking maybe he's concentrating on breathing in thru his nose and out thru his mouth..and i notice that he's NOT even blinking OR breathing! so i say "i think he's going!" the big guy that had him sitting up..yells "he's gone, get him down!" so they get him down on his bed feet up..and jons STILL looking straight up his eyes still never blinking..and im totally scared saying.. "jon, jon, jon, honey..honey..jon..jon.." then he finally comes to and says .."oh wow..hi everyone..i guess you put me back in bed"...i was SO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked him what he remembered..he said "only that i was at the edge of the bed..then i came to and i was in my bed"..he said that he "totally left the building!" SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!!
so he stayed in bed...got his medicine..and went to bed at 10pm..so a lovely scary evening before bedtime! YIKES!!!
thanks to everyone who is taking time to read this blog..even when its FOREVER long!! but i figure its my journal and im happy to let people read it if they are interested..im AMAZED at just HOW many people care!!! truly, honestly CARE about jon and our family right now!!
tonite was a very comforting night...to have only my parents and jons parents there..it was really a special moment for us all...we talked to jon about small plans for the house..and hes very worried about having to sell the house..but my dad and his dad reassured him that things would be okay..that they wouldnt watch him suffer like this AND sit there and watch his house be taken away from him..jon was just so emotional as was everyone in the room...i cant EVEN IMAGINE what it would be like to be the father of your household and not even know what is going to happen in the future..you as the provider..to not even be able to provide...
he told me tonite..it just feels like a dream...a BAD dream..and he's just waiting to wake up from it all..but each morning..its not a dream...it still doesnt seem real AT ALL to either of us...i think maybe because were so involved with it..day in and day out...maybe because this is now our life..like we dont go to our old life anymore..i told my dad..i dont even remember what our old life was like! it seems like it was SOOO long ago!!! it was wonderful that they comforted me in my time of need...they told me how proud they were of me and how im handling this...there's NOTHING more wonderful then to have your parents say "im proud of you"..children LIVE for those words i believe!!! jon and i have ALWAYS tried to live our lives so that our parents could say "they are proud of us"...my mom said that im handling it very well and that she'd be a mess! i feel like all of us could handle it the same way..i feel like when your put in this situation we ALL can handle it! there are extra blessings on my behalf and thats how im handling it i believe!
i just remembered a funny story about today..sarah had come to see jon for a couple of hours..and jon has to wear these "special tights" ..they are to keep the blood circulating in his legs-- youve all seen them! the robin hood white tights in the pictures!! heeheh...so sarah says "dad your wearing a dress AND tights!?!??!" (she previously asked why the hospital gown?!?!) i said.."theyre not tights they are stockings"..she said "STOCKINGS! like what i wear for church!?!??!"...we laughed so hard...then todd tried to help and said .."well no they are special stockings..see these have a big whole in the bottom by his toes!"...sarah laughed..she still thinks they are just tights..so poor dad wears a dress and tights and has a pink bathroom - i hope this doesnt get out at school!!?!?!?!?
well its now 1am..and actually since its daylight savings its ALREADY 2am!!! this is the WORST day of the year for me!! spring forward!!!!
thanks again everyone...please continue your prayers and thoughts..they truly are working..he's had so many miracles already...continue to pray that his brain connects with his body, that he wont develope pnemonia or a bladder infection, that his dizziness with the wheelchair will subside and that he'll keep getting acclimated with his wheelchair, today he had terrible muscle spasms in his biceps..its part of the healing process...also he said that when he wakes up in the middle of the night, his entire body is on fire..literally feels like its burning! i cant even imagine!! and then to have to just sit there and let it happen...he said he likes it..because then he atleast feels SOMETHING!! he's still on NO MEDICATION for pain which is REMARKABLE! he's such a strong guy!!! he says he'd rather have pain..because its something he can feel and its good pain..amazing..
enjoy your sunday..tomorrow i will be with jon again..my mom has offered to help during the days this week with me..so me, my mom and jons mom will help as well..
thank again to everyone - your all doing so much for us and we REALLY REALLY appreciate it - everyone and everything..

3 comments:

Jill said...

Christina, I keep reading your blog every day but don't know what to say. The word that keeps coming to my mind is "amazing" because of Jon's progress and your strength and attitude. It's so wonderful that you can update everybody at the same time, and that you have a record of your thoughts and feelings through all of this. It's wonderful. I keep thinking about you guys and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Even though you don't know me my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family. May you feel the arms of our Savior around you today and always.

Anonymous said...

My dear Christina, I love you honey, I think of you and Jon everyday, your in our prayer's. I just wish I was there to help you and your children, out of all my niece's and nephew's YOU were the one to call me when we moved to Tenn. 9 yr's ago. You were the one to worry about me along with your Dad and Mom. I had Bryce today now 3 yr's old and he said I wish I could have my Mommy back and it just make's me cry, your beautiful girl's still have their Dad and that is the best thing they could ever have!! He is such a great Dad!! Last summer while I was there, he was so into his family and I could see the love he has for you all. Give him a kiss from me and tell him we all love him. Honey if you need me even to talk to just call. I love you Aunt Lorna