Saturday, April 08, 2006

had a good day...

jon didnt sleep too well last night..although i did clear out his nose and he was SO thankful because it lasted ALL night long! but he didnt take any sleeping pills and was up till 12..and asked for something...
he'd had good therapy..his mom helped him more with his article...he got his "new phone" its an $800 system...pretty sweet...its all voice activated and stuff...great just one more thing this hales family needs..MORE techy stuff!!!
i was able to take the girls down to the YC olympics thing...SO FUN for me and them!! they are some serious athletes my girls!!! they got 1st place in EVERY event they did!!!!! it was awesome!! after rachel received her 3rd medal...we were walking towards the truck...and she TOTALLY broke down...broke down hard too...she cried for a good 10 minutes...i felt so helpless...she said "im sad because dad wasnt here to see us do all of this...i just wished he was here..." MAN that is SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!! i lost it myself...i kept telling her..i took so many pictures..i called him each time on the cell phone every time you guys finished your race..he's SO proud of you!!! but still...its different when they aren't there physically...that was probably the hardest thing ive done so far...watching my oldest daughter break down sobbing like that...nobody should have to feel that pain...jon would have been awesome too..he's SO into whatever his girls are doing...he gets so pumped about it!! we made it to the truck and it took her a few minutes more to calm down enough to talk..i called and they handed jon the phone and i handed her my cell phone...i heard her say "im sorry i was crying...but now i can talk better.." SO SAD!! but after talking to him for a few minutes..she felt better..
we raced home and they ran across the street to their friends house for a slumber party..we have a family rule of no sleeping over at someone else's house..so they knew i'd be coming back for them...(they told me later they were SO scared to go to sleep first because one of the girls said whoever it was -was going to get whipped cream on their face!)they were SO tired from all that running! it took everything to stay awake!!!
then i waited for jons mom to come from the hospital to pick up my younger two girls and then i left at 9pm to go see jon real quick...he was in GREAT spirits..it was wonderful to see him...i miss having him here with me SO MUCH...its like i have my family 90% here...he'll be home soon though..i was able to talk to him a lot about our business and get more information on how to do a couple more things for it..and then i told him all about the girls...and then i cleared out his nose, scratched his head, brushed his teeth and then helped to rotate him..then the nurse gave him his 2 tylenol and 2 sleeping pills...so he SHOULD sleep SO good tonite...the sleeping ones start to take effect about 40 minutes later...he said that his body is burning a lot..and that it use to be about a 2 or 3 out of 10 pain wise..but lately its been like 5 or 6...but after that sleeping pill kicks in..his pain drops clear down to 1!!!! so that was nice!!
i will be waking up early to get my older 2 girls to uncle todds house..then back up to the hospital to be with jon for most of the day..i will take a small break and then go back again...
im so grateful for your prayers..big and small...your service..big and small..everything has just been so great...you know a few months earlier before this..for a LONG time i had been thinking...wow we've never really had a "REAL TRIAL" before in our marriage or in my personal life really...i had a crazy beginning of my childhood..but after i was adopted into the US..my life was pretty great! i never had to worry about anything..same with getting married...never had to worry about anything..jon had lost his job a couple of times..but we got back on the bandwagon and just made things happen...we've already moved 9 times in our 10 year marriage...and he's already worked for 3 different companies BEFORE he started his own! but STILL never a "real trial"..we've NEVER been to a doctor our whole marriage for anything other then me having a baby..and even that was a walk in the park...so for a while before this i kept thinking..man i've NEVER really had a serious trial that tested me on so many levels...that tested my faith, my testimony, my beliefs..ive been blessed for SO long..its bound to happen one day right! i felt like i had had small trials but not a big trial..i would have NEVER EVER in a million years thought THIS would be THAT trial for me!! i just really felt like SOMETHING major was coming..i just didnt know what...so i just kept doing the right things...so that when that major thing came up..i was prepared...and ready...i had my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in place, with my husband jon, with each of my children, my family, extended and friends...spiritually i was ready and had prepared myself for this trial..its my hope and prayer that i can continue on in this trial doing all those same things...and seeking to find those lessons i am to learn from this...that im going thru the trial with a "celestial" frame of mind..

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Christina- you know me as heather over at mchic. I have been absent from teh forums for awhile now, but last week found your story. I thought about you while I drove through Riverside last week, and hoped things were on the upswing for you and your family.

I read an article last week about how just because we do everything right doesn't mean "bad" things won't happen to us. I really like how you say you prepared yourself for this. Trials come to all of us, big and small and I think you are right, if we have all of our ducks in their proverbial row, then the trial will be easier to handle.

May God grant you the blessings you need right now.

Chelsea said...

Really sweet how important Jon is to the girls ... it's obvious you both support them so much. He'll be there soon enough to watch them in all their events! I feel the same about my marriage so far - it's been a walk in the park, we've both been so healthy and school and work have both been blessings ... but I know Heavenly Father will try us soon enough... for me the trial is keeping the faith when everything is going great. You've obviously done that because you both were instantly so strong the day this happened - what an example!

You, Jon and the girls are in our daily prayers!!!