Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jon gets an extension...now may 10th return date!

I just got back from my visit with Jon. He's doing great!! I am so proud of him!!
This morning he had brushed his teeth (with some sort of contraption thing) and even washed his face down with a wet towel. He felt great!
He ate his entire dinner, most of breakfast and all of lunch. Thats a good thing too.
He is doing so much better now. You can really tell!

They have actually extended his stay in Rehab for ANOTHER week. May 3rd date is now may 10th date. So this is good news! We were both happy to hear that. They have started him on another medication to fight the muscle spasms he's been getting. Of course he is not happy about having to take MORE pills, but he's getting over that.

The head coordinator did tell us that they have never had a patient like Jon before. They have never seen someone with his vigor and enthusiasum to work so hard. For him to do all the he can to make things happen and improve himself. The coordinator said it just lights a fire under all the team that is working with him to get him better. He said most people when they come are passive. They dont work as hard as Jon does.
It was neat for him to give a compliment like that to Jon!

Renetta (Larkin) Carlson is there now with Jon and will be till after he eats.

Im SO very grateful that he is getting better and getting back to being Jon. Last week was SO horrific..it was REALLY hard to see the end. All I could manage to do was keep my faith and remember the prayers that were given in his behalf and how i had felt after i first got word of his accident- i fell to the floor and prayed. I was told that all would be well. He would be okay. Sometimes Heavenly Father waits till the BITTER end before something happens. But if we continue to "endure" to the end..you do see blessings of enduring and enduring faithfully. I didnt endure faithfully to the end all by myself, i have countless numbers of people praying on my behalf as well..that is what helped me to endure to the end..how can i ever repay all of you for that..
i have come to realize that THAT is what i do not have an answer for...for the first time..i dont have a solution to a problem...i have NO IDEA how im going to repay everyone for what they have done for our family..i do not even know where to begin..all i can do is sit here and let the tears stream down my face...in quiet humbleness...with a heart so full of love for everyone that has helped...all i can do right now is say thank you..and try to live my life to make all of you proud of our family and how far we can go with your help..how blessed we are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing amazing woman! I don't know you or Jon in real life but I just have to tell you that you are both amazing. That is great that Jon is getting an extension. What a blessing for you and your family. I am sure the Lord will continue to send down manna from heaven.