Wednesday, April 19, 2006

email from maryann larkin..

hope she doesnt mind..but i thought i'd put this email up for others to get a perspective on jon from someone other then me..
Dear Christina:
I just wanted to let you know what an enjoyable day I had with Jon
yesterday. What a good experience it was for me. Jon works so hard for
every move he makes. His courage and inner strength are a good example
for us all. He had a hard time with his therapies, yesterday. He was
cold and shaky all day. But he ate a really good dinner. He even said
that was the best he had eaten since he got there. He ate his entire
dinner (except a half a roll). We talked when he had strength. I read
three chapters out of the Book of Mormon to him while he rested. We
both
enjoyed that. I specifically would ask him if he wanted to talk or
rest. I tried to let him take the lead, although there were times I
was
probably a little too chatty. He did share some of his thoughts and
feelings with me. He complimented you by telling me how blessed he was
to have married you. He loves you and your children very much. When
you
walked in the room yesterday, he recognized your footsteps. His eyes
lit
up when he talked about his business and told me a lot about it. I was
amazed at how his day is full of his now "work". I told him this was
his job right now. To work on getting stronger and building his skills.
I will tell others to keep praying for him and to concentrate on asking
the Lord for his muscles to strengthen and to get his triceps stronger
and to help all his inner regulators (heat, blood pressure, appetite,
etc) to stabilize. I am a firm believer in specific prayers. He is very
aware of all the prayers and very grateful for them.

No comments: