Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Im getting better!!!


So today i went farther in my running! so excited!!! i made it to 1.5 miles!! im really proud of myself for sticking to it! now to get a 50 dollar sports bra because my weapons of mass destruction need something expensive to keep them from hurting myself or anyone else when i run....its an Enell bra..oprah's favorite things..so it SHOULD work!!
im SO proud because my great friend kristen made it to the mile mark today for her first time!! what an accomplishment!! i know your reading krisen - ROCK ON GIRL!!! can you believe how FAR we've come!!!
This Saturday is the r/s 5k walk/run...im anxious to see how far ill go..probably JUST my 1.5-but hey i'll proudly take that!! then its a ward picnic after..then im meeting my friends from my 6pack days (my friends -there were six of us and the guys called us the 6pack)..so that will be fun to catch up...
Girls should be home anytime from school - off to do homework!

5 comments:

Amie said...

That 5k has gotten here fast! No wonder my "goal dates" keep passing me by! I bet you will go farther on Saturday, you know, the excitement of the big day! That means you're already running more than half. Who are your 6-pack friends? From the stake?

Jill said...

Let us know if the $50 bra is worth it--that "issue" is definitely one that keeps me from enjoying any exercise type movements. I can't even imagine running at this point. It's great you're sticking with it, and you're very fortunate to have friends closeby to go with.

Christina said...

no from my college days..well you might know some of them..1-my cousin susana, 2-shellie neilson(convert), 3-thy nyugen(convert)4-heather anderson (irvine area)5-amy ogden(orange 3rd ward) 6-me..

becca said...

Good for you Christina!!! I DO NOT enjoy jogging, but I know that feeling of accomplishment and I really do believe that makes it worth it. Dede inroduced me to the BEST treadmill exercise and although I haven't done it in over a week (Bad sinus infection), I am anxious to get back to it. There is no better feeling than a great workout!! Good luck in your 5K

everything pink! said...

I wish i weapons of mass destruction!