Sunday, January 29, 2006

sunday 1/29/06

AHHH i love sundays!! i notice my sundays are so much nicer when i have really prepared the night before like i did yesterday. I had my dinner planned out and ready to go, (crock pot roast), i had all the girls clothes picked out and ready by their beds SHOES INCLUDED!!, i had my lesson prepared and was anxious and excited to share it (all of my 25 17/18yr olds!! YIKES!), the spirit was in my home beginning from last nite.
Today i woke and got myself ready, the girls were already dressed and eating breakfast downstairs.. we even made it to church on time! The talks were really good, one especially about how we need to keep our children safe from the outside world influences, and the other was about the internet and the good that it is and the bad that it can become. It talked about parents asking the kids about the internet instead of just ASSUMING that they had good kids and that their kids could never do no wrong...i thought that was such a valid point..i have many friends that have never even heard of my.space.com so when our stake has asked us to not participate in that site..many didnt even know it existed!! anyway - i just got some good points from the talks...
then i gave my lesson..it went great- i must be doing pretty good - i noticed 3 ADULTS attended my class!!!!
r/s and priesthood were combined..so i got to sit with jon..it was the McKells, they use to be in the orange 3rd ward with my parents a LONGGG time ago..like when i was little..they have been serving missions now for 15 years..their son mark is in our ward with his family..they gave great talks..especially bro. mckell...he taught us that just as we are here on earth doing the 3 fold mission of the church, so will we be in the spirit world.. those of us in the LDS church have the true and complete doctrine and we in turn will teach those that have never heard of it in the spirit world...that is why we are also here..to learn HOW to teach..it made me really think of my calling more!!! also i found it interesting when he said that jesus was on the cross..and the two theives next to him said.. if you are a God then get us out of this situation..but He said...you will be with me in paradise (meaning the spirit world) then when mary was at the garden of the tomb..she was sad because He was not there..when mary turned and saw Him..she started to go towards Him to embrace him and He said..stop..i have not yet gone to my Father..meaning that he was in the Spirit world...we will do just as He did!
So now we are home. Jon rushed off to get HT done..then ours will come here at 3pm. I have dinner in the crockpot and after the HT leave i will start making my homemade dinner rolls followed by some sort of dessert. Im in the mood to invite another family over for dinner or just for dessert and games..we shall see how i feel as the day progresses!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the Sunday recap. I missed it since I had to stay home with Whitney. Even when I think staying home will be nice, I always end up missing church because I definitely need it.

Amie said...

I enjoyed hearing about your lessons...I don't remember the McKells though...It makes it feel like blogging on Sunday is good if we are giving each other uplifting thoughts! Thanks! And myspace makes me nervous....I was wondering when someone was going to say to stay off of it!

Christina said...

ya our stake came out and said to not go on it and you couldnt BELIEVE the amount of people in our ward.. YOUTH LEADERS that went up in arms about that!!! "its our choice" type thing.. SO BUGGED!!