Tuesday, January 31, 2006

barbie wedding game-good or bad idea??

so today my girls and their friend have spent lots of time on the computer playing this barbie dream wedding CD..is that good or bad?!??!
its actually kind of fun! you get to pick you dress, your bridesmaid dresses, the tuxes, the flowers, the music, the decor EVERYTHING! then you get to sit back and watch it happen- the girls are amazed everytime when barbie says "i do" -- like what else would she say?!?!?
as a mother of 4 daughters..im beginning to get nervous about this game!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's a tough one because if you make a big deal out of it and tell them they can't play then they'll really yearn for it, but if you don't make a big deal out of it then they might think it's okay. I think with worldly stuff like this you have to balance it with spiritual conversations at a later time. Like if you have a Family Home Evening about marriage or the temple and show your girls that that's a big deal to you and Jon and why--also mentioning that there's fun stuff there too (the dress, reception, flowers, etc., but that the important part is the temple). Good luck with 4 girls--one if enough for me.

Chelsea said...

Our all-girl family definitely would have been all about that game! Instead of the game, my girfriends and I would watch Celene's wedding video every time we got together to do scrapbooks in high school! haha - talk about dreaming about your wedding!

becca said...

So funny, Amie got married when I was in high school and I am not kidding, my girlfriends and I would stay home on Friday nights to watch the video!! My friend Laurie and I still laugh about that. Little girls (and obviously high school girls) love weddings! Have you girls seen your and Johh's wedding video?