Monday, January 30, 2012

Highs & Lows

Lows:

We ended up taking Rachel's iTouch away completely.
The temptation was just too much to keep friendship going with that "one boy." It was a good idea and we've had SEVERAL discussions with her of what we expect to get it back. SO far so good-she's progressing in the right direction. It's REALLY hard for her to be living here. There are no girls her age in our ward. They are either 2 years older or 2 years younger then her. She's pretty much been by herself since age 11. We feel for her-she's not having the teenage experience both Jon & I had. We are considering some other options. We shall see what happens.

Bummed that our OLDER girls STILL can't seem to keep their eyes CLOSED during prayer. Does this bug anyone else? Is this only happening in my family? Am I doing something wrong?! Seriously--so gets to me & Jon.

We went to cabin last Saturday after house chores.

Jons parents were there "working" so I offered to help. Was disappointed Rachel did.not.help at all. To be fair-I did have them clean my house already and going to cabin was the "treat" but I think she still could have been nice and done something. Don't worry--we had a discussion about this too. Can you tell--LOTS OF DISCUSSIONS happening over here!!!

Highs:
Rachel had Winter Formal at her HS-since she is not 16 year-we took her out to dinner-

just the three of us--Texas Roadhouse. We did a lot of talking. It was a great time.

Going to Arrowhead cabin for the afternoon. SO FUN to have something we can just jet too. It was weird for it to be 80 at our house then drive 40 minutes and its 55 at the cabin! After we came home we took the fam bam to Island for dinner.

Jon and I split the Hawaiin burger--our "thing" is to always order buffalo wings-so we shared those two. Dang now im HUNGRY!

Robert needed help picking up a LOT of needles from the front area of the cabin. Anna & Becca were soooooooooo nice to come out and help Robert & I. We managed to get 20 huge black sized garbage bags full of pine needles. I love to work hard like that. I seriously would have made an awesome pioneer!

Speaking of pioneer. Our stake is doing the Trek this year. I took Rachel and she picked out zebra print for her pioneer outfit with lime green as her apron and bonnet. What a crack up! I'll have to post a photo when its done.

I read a POWERFUL article from the BYU Magazine. It was written by Brad Wilcox. Jon & Brad are close friends.
http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=2968
SERIOUSLY EVERY youth child needs to read it. I've been telling everyone about it!

My girls FINALLY found the Oklahoma DVD

and have been watching it daily. They all know the words to every song-hysterical. I seem to have the freakish talent of being able to laugh like that one girl in the movie--for reals. My girls are amazed. Now admit it-you just tried to do it huh!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I don't remember the laugh! I guess I'll have to look it up.

You are not alone in the prayer area. It drives me crazy also.

We are having issues also with ash. It is so hard, jase and I are so stressed over her.

We don't allow Itouches at all, end of story. Blake and ash are very upset by this but we remind them thy have plenty of other things other kids don't have so get over it.

Kim said...

Laughing out LOUD right now. First, thanks for braving the teenage daughter storm first, so you can tell me all the pointers when I get there. I'll need all the help I can get! So, to make you laugh yourself, ask Jenn, our FAVORITE and PERFECTEST sister in the WORLD how SHE was as a teenager! ;) She had her struggles, too, and is seriously the most amazing woman in our family. Next, Oklahoma was OUR favorite movie growing up. Jeff and I liked to dance the way the men do during the dream scene...like they're riding horses. We laughed ourselves SICK watching each other try and do that. Tiffany had a blue checked dress like Lori's that she wore EVERY SINGLE DAY. No joke. EVERY SINGLE DAY. That movie is a classic. LOVE it! Thanks for making me smile! I miss you! We're planning a little trip to Disneyland in September, I hope! We'd love to hook up if you're free! Love you love you love you!!!

Kim said...

Oh...and I DID try to do the "laugh." I love you!