Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Anna's funny ways

Anna cracks us up. This is how she LITERALLY eats dinner every night.

What in the world?! We teach the girls-how they behave at dinner is how they will behave on dates ie "Are you going to chew with your mouth open on your dates? Are you going to burp on your dates? Are you going to SIT on your date?!" Weird huh?

This is what she wore to school today.

Cutesy?!

I LOVE this board that I made.

The girls walk in and can see what the plan is for the day. It makes our life simple having structure like this. Kids REALLY do well when they know what is going on.

This year I started having each girl pick a dinner dish job.

You can A)rinse, B)unload, C)load or D)sweep & change table cloth. THIS HAS BEEN FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever had to pick last-gets to pick first the next night. No one complains & it helps keep order in my home.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I totally dig what Anna is wearing to school. I would honestly dress like that if I were like 20 years younger and 30 pounds thinner.

Yes, yes and yes!! to getting the kids to work! I need to get a more permanent system, rather than rotating it every week or month so I dont have to hear the whining of "why do I have to always do..." type of thing. Is that just an empty frame?

Melinda said...

I think Anna and Olivia could be best friends. Liv does the same exact thing when she eats!! What in the world? I am always telling her to sit down. Plus the outfit and hair are what she does everyday.

We have dish jobs also. We've been doing them for like a year now. We drew for the jobs and then we rotate down oldest to youngest every Sunday. We go around the table tell what we had and what our new job is. Jase is supposed to have a job and I'm not supposed to do a job but I do his until he gets mobile again. Our jobs are
1- unload
2-counter tops/table
3- dishes/load
4- vacuum kitchen and entry
5-empty all trash cans, take down cans to the curb/ clean family room

Ryan has to help clean the family room and entry. I love it, the whole mail level is cleaned up after dinner.