Friday, January 06, 2012

Good Times!

The weather in so cal has been AWESOME--total beach weather--which of course we took total advantage of. My girls are beach freaks-

and cold water does not affect them.
It is really strange to be having 80 degree weather during the day and 40 degree weather at night. It's AWESOME that we can go to Newport beach one day and then off to Lake Arrowhead the next day!

This is a gift Anna picked out with her $30 from my parents for Christmas.

Seriously-how do my children know about such things like this?! It's HUGE.

It makes me laugh how Sarah can keep her room super organized and spotless and Rachel is the complete opposite. Jon tells me it is because she is an artist. Here are all her clothes I cleaned-I just tossed them back onto her floor-

where they sit. I have learned you "pick the hill you want to die for." PLEASE refrain from any judgmental comments about how I need to make her clean this up-I got enough of them from Facebook friends (why do women feel the need to do that?!) and quite frankly I am doing the best I can with a paralyzed husband, four children, a house to take care of, money to provide etc etc. Geez I'm sensitive huh! HA

Today while dropping the younger two off at school they were looking at our drivers licenses.

Here is their conversation:
Anna "wow-dad looks weird!"
Becca "that's because he was standing up then and not in a wheelchair."
Anna "no it's cuz he looks like uncle Todd!"
Becca "Mom looks like a maniac."
Anna "you mean a mannequin."

For the record--i was waiting for the lady to say 1, 2, 3--all she said was "next"---for.the.love now i have a mugshot of myself!

I saw this photo and feel like this needs to be shared with all teenagers--

and well some adults too!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That picture does look like Todd! That is too funny.

I am growing very tired of other women always sharing their views of how I do things with my kids. Why dont we all worry about our own families!! Ugh.

We finally got snow today and I'm not happy about it. I really want to go to a beach.

Amber said...

Not judging the clothes on the floor...I am so with you in choose your battles.

I say if a messy room is her worst trait, that's one dang fine girl you got goin' on! Plus, you can always close the door, right?

Enjoy CA for me. Right now I'm hating Gilbert with a passion, but I may just be a TAD hormonal right now.