Monday, January 09, 2012

Science Projects & Girls Goals 2012

The younger two girls got handed science projects 2 weeks before the Holiday Break--seriously-what kind of teacher does that?! And it was due pretty much 4 days after Break was over. We did SUPER EASY projects.

Anna did a thing where she mixed 10 tablespoons of cornstarch into a 1/2 cup of water one tablespoon at a time then kept mixing it.

Eventually it turned into puddy. When you let it "slide out" of the cup-it flows easily-if you try to "force" it out with a spoon it breaks and cracks.

Becca did "which flavor of gum lasts the longest?"

In the end each one really only lasted 15 minutes.

Each Fast Sunday Jon takes each girl one at a time and has a PPI with them. Last night he had them write one church, family & school goal. They then hung them on the fridge.

I think I will frame them somehow and hang on our wall. I created a wall that has everything Hales.

Are you impressed that I MADE THIS all by myself-super easy, GIGANTIC and SO HELPFUL!

Made this too--it's so nice they can walk in from school and just do whatever I write on the board. I usually write Homework 330, snack, chore for each girl. Here I just listed things on there so I wouldn't forget about them later. I think I will put their framed goals here so they can see it all the time.

Thought I'd throw this HUGE HALES family photo in--

this is when we all went up to Chad's house for thanksgiving. Todd/Jon stayed back because it was cold and to watch sleeping babies.

I also LOVE this truck photo----

we have a photo of each of the older 3 boys with their Mercedes when they all first got married-now they have all had kids so they all have black denali's--such a crack up!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thankfully my kids don't enjoy doing science fair's either so we do easy things also. With Ash we did what kind of cookie pan bakes the cookies the best. Perfect for our house.

I am loving that calendar and frame thing for chores. I bought our new calendar for this year because it was a byu one but it is too small and it's bugging me but I'm too cheap to buy another one!