Thursday, August 24, 2006

wierd nite..

ill explain about the wierd nite in a minute..i got a call from the doctor this am and they said that his urine wasnt sterile enough so i'll have to drive over there to pick up a cup and then transfer it here at home to take it back to teh doctors...good thing the doctor is only 7 minutes away! SO looks like i'll be doing that today!!

jons fever did break, but then at nite it went back to 101 again..he did take his UTI med as well..CIPRO is the name of it..i got him into bed about 10pm and 1030 went upstairs..at 330am i came down to do my usual..he was not himself..i wasnt sure if he was still in a dream or if it was from the UTI medication...he was yelling at me..he kept asking me where i was taking him!! i was just there to rotate him..i stayed super calm as if he was just sleeping..but then he felt like i was ignoring him!! which made him more mad..he kept saying..i cant just stay like this-icant just sit like this!! anyway - it was all i could do to not cry..i wanted to call robert..but i stuck thru it and just did what i needed to do..i felt like he had kind of come out of what his dream was..anyway -it was wierd..a little frightening..and im PRAYING it was just a dream trance kinda thing..and NOT a side affect of the medication!! he takes it at 10pm and 9am.. so we'll see how the day goes..

this am he apologized for last nite..he said he was in a trance or soemthing..so its nice to know he was aware of it!

well its thursday- which means clean the whole downstairs day..so back to work i go!

oh ps the sleeping is going well..i get to bed by 1030pm..and then ive found that if i wake at 330am i can get back to sleep easier..but if i get up at 4am..i toss and turn for 1.5 hours before i can get back to sleep again..

amanda will start next week coming from 7am-10am..so that will help jon to have more time to do business - YA!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

oh wow.. that would be hard to hear.. I am glad that he remembered what happened.. You deal with so much.. I imagine you have angels around you holding you up--
Glad to hear he got on some meds for the infection,and good to hear you are getting more sleep- I imagine that makes a big difference in your days.
yeah for Amanda- so cool you have found someone that works so well with your fam and schedule!

ZeroSmythson said...

Hey there--Jeff Tucker here. Tell Jon I say "Howdy!"

FYI, don't worry about the dream/trance behavior; much to my wife's chagrin, I do the exact same thing (and with alarming frequency, I might add). Often, the trance-like state is exacerbated by medications (Benadryl is particularly nasty, at least in my case), and they usually occur when I'm very overtired. And, yes, in such a state, emotions flare like gasoline-fueled bonfires, even though I'm somewhat aware of what's happening. I, personally, get very scared, trembling like an undercooked custard. Some of my male family members (who shall remain nameless), on the other hand, get kinda freaked out, which sounds like what happened to Jon. One man in the family got agitated that he tried to claw his way through the family room wall with his bare hands...ripped the drapes, if I'm not mistaken...

Anyway, not to worry. I can sympathize with Jon, because, yes, I always feel very embarrassed/mad at myself the day after an episode. Rest assured that you handled it very well.