Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trials are for others..not just yourself.

Maybe that's why God gives us trials.

It's honorable. It comes with deep responsibility. Our response to trials doesnt just affect us. It's not suppose to.

You become a complete open book (if you allow yourself). Judgements come-some are harsh & surprising. Some are tender & beautiful. I will be the FIRST to say "I could have done/handled some things differently." But it wouldnt be true to who I am or my character. Which needed to change.

Just today I have received two separate messages from people that know me. I am worried that maybe this "boost" of spirituality is preparing me for something in the near future!?

"Christina,
You don't know me, but I have followed your blog for years now and always been strengthened by your faith and wonderful attitiude! I never would have guessed in a million years I would be put in a position as a caregiver for my own husband, but last week he was diagnosed with brain cancer, and underwent brain surgery. I have thought of you a lot, and remembered things that helped you. Thanks for sharing your challenges. They really have blessed others!
love,
Wendy"

Niagra Fall of tears. Cleansing. Rejuvinating. Re-Energized. Strengthened.

"Have I told you about Christina? SHE is really an amazing woman! I totally admire and look up to her in so many ways- seriously- I have "known" her for over 4 years I think now- before her husband was in his accident and put in a wheelchair-she has 4 little girls and works really hard at everything she does- we "met" on a mormonchic, and then she started a blog and then I did.. that is how we have kept in touch- we have talked on the phone a few times- I feel like I totally know her although we have never met in person-ANYWAY... get to know her- you won't be sorry! While going through this trial with her husband she is still really beautiful, an incredibe mom, a service oriented person, hard worker, super funny, down to earth, an entrepruner, tell it like it is- and super friendly, all things I LOVE I could go on and on about her amazingness."
-Lauralee

WELL! That pretty much sums me right up then doesnt it.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH--I am WAY worried with all the "Nice-ities" coming my way!!!!!

7 comments:

Amy (Church) Thulin said...

Well Christina, for those who have known you for a very long time I am sure I speak for all of us. You have ALWAYS been someone who carries herself with such streangth. You have an amazingly tender heart and choose to bring out the good in people. I have always been so impressed with you ability to just plain cope with things. You are a beacon hope to many and you don't really seem to realize that. I am glad we met all those years ago in speach class. :)

WENDY said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Christina! I too agree with what your mother shared with you about trials. Thanks for passing it along to me. We have had many trials in our 17 years of marriage, and it really does make this current hard one a little bit easier to bear, we have had a little bit of practice. How great that this week you have gotten to hear how much you have inspired others. I think about you often and share your story with others, and how much I have learned. Now I just get to put those things into practice. I probably should have said something years ago about how much I appreciated you! I saw a link to your blog 4 years ago on mormonchic. I only read mormonchic for a short time--but, I guess your blog was what I was supposed to find, and I am glad I did!

Maybe you are hearing these positive things this week, not so much for you to worry or "gear up", but as a little tender mercy, or a "well done" so you can keep fighting the good fight! Many people are on hard times right now, and need a beacon to look to. When you handle a trial well, you become that beacon! Thanks again!!
Love,
wendy

Amber said...

Should I start saying terrible things to make you feel better? I get paranoid about things like that, too. Don't wanna get too spiritual===you might be made to truly live it! ha ha!

Lauralee said...

The message from Wendy made me cry... I totally believe that we are here to strengthen each other in ways that sometimes we are unaware of!
You are amazing... so glad to know you!

donna said...

Wow, i have to agree with Lauralee
"I totally believe that we are here to strengthen each other in ways that sometimes we are unaware of! "


Christina, Thanks for letting us be a part of your life. :)

Melinda said...

Those were some really nice things they said. It is always nice to hear those once in a while!

Holly said...

You deserve all the nice-ities lady! You are a great example!