Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moms Day

My Moms day was just oh so cute--i LOVED every moment of it!!

Friday night we watched August Rush-okay this movie was REALLY good for a family-i was tearing up-i recommend this as a family night in! We've been doing a lot of family in nights watching a movie together-its one of my FAVORITE things to do!

On Saturday we took the girls to go see College Road Trip at the 2 dollar theater-it was SO CUTE and a must see with kids! it was rated G even--how nice! we ravaged thru 2 large popcorns (both refilled twice) & 2 large sodas (both refilled!) the movie was about a girl who heads for college and how the dad has a hard time--it was SO fun because the mom relationship was like me and my girls--they kept screaming and laughing and having silly dances and songs--SO like me with my girls--sometimes daddy gets left out going "what you have a special dance?" i do it all the time with the girls--anyway really a fun movie--it made me sad thinking of the day we take any of our girls to college...sniff, sniff.

I then took my crew to Kohls to "shop" for my moms day gifts. I got to sit in my truck with the windows down, cool breeze, warm sun and chat on the phone with celesta-SO FUN!

Sunday we have church at 9am so NO BREAKFAST for me please-id rather sleep! We got to church-did our thing, then came home and i requested these babies--


OH SOO DANG GOOD!

Its bread, sliced turkey, cheddar cheese, tomatoe then you put it in the waffle maker (WHO NEEDS A PANINI MAKER ANYWAY?!?!) then open it up and put fresh avocado in it--OH SERIOUSLY SOOOO GOOD! i was in heaven! then i got to go hang out in my room alone for 2 hours to sleep...again so heavenly!

The girls were patiently (not really) waiting for me to open my loot...although this is how becca spent her mothers day gift opening--

dont you love the drool coming out!

homemade cards:

YES if you read closely it says "queen of toots" lovely!!



At Kohls jon sat in his chair while the girls ransacked the store bringing him gifts and getting his opinion on them -this was rachels choice:

this was sarahs:

which apparently she 1st picked out a size 4x shirt--HELLO! jon said only get something with an S or an M--too funny!
Becca picked me out this:

Anna picked me out this:

which was really my only request-a cute summer white purse

My delightful loot ended with THIS!!!!

only this year it was 2lbs of it!!!! jon said he got 2lbs so that i could "share" because i NEVER EVER share my see's candy which i get for every moms day & bday--he's always surprised that i can eat every last morsel of it--hello its see's! so this time ive been nicer about "sharing" actually im only sharing the TOP 1lb the bottom lb--BACK OFF its mine! hahah

after it was all over...hugs & kisses all around...jon told me the best part was he left the receipt in my glove compartment in the truck--hahahh too funny...i did take everything back & will use the money towards some fun stuff for me one being some new exercise bands:

ive put my gym membership on hold (because my friend kristen had a baby so i quit going-hmmm i know SHE had the baby not me!) i will also look for a bigger cute white purse for summer...

The next night my girls came RUNNING in to give me their "last" moms gift..it was the BEST EVER!!! how cute is THIS!

and my neighbor helped them put it together--so adorable..i just love it! I love the last photo of their cute bums (bunsies as we call them here)!!
ive got it RIGHT by the front door--i really do have some sweet sweet neighbors who are always thinking of me & my family...

SO all in all--a GREAT moms day at my house!!

Lastly Jon has created this website for those of us with GIRLS who like to play GAMES! www.gamesforgirls.info

4 comments:

Erin said...

How Fun!!! I can't wait till the day my husband can buy me chocolates without being worried I'll gain even more weight!

AHHH!!!

So fun meeting you!

I thought that your blog was private? Was I wrong? Did you add me or did you change to public.

Okay, I'm really busy right now, but I want to stay in touch so here is my email.

erin.anytimefitness@gmail.com

and if you go private add me to your blog with this address...

scotterinbaby@yahoo.com

My kids are throwing up so I have to go, but I'll write more later!

;)

donna said...

you had one great MOM's DAY :)

Bond Girl 007 said...

Wow I thought your blog was private for some reason. Oh soo much goodness from the children. How fun.....DA...I just read Erin's comment.....yeah let me know...tooo!

Cecilia said...

I'm glad you had a great Moms Day. You deserve it!
I also thought your blog was private!