Monday, May 05, 2008

Girls Weekend!!

WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! GINORMOUS THANKS to melinda for hosting me!!!! She spoiled me terribly I must say--i will post more on that later..seriously she & jason are two of THEE MOST GENEROUS people i know..

So Thursday morning comes, Sandra arrives at 930am & time for me to head off to my girls weekend adventure--WHOOO HOOO--im driving off eliated and thinking to myself..enjoy EVER single second--which i totally did--heavenly. Made a quick stop off to the post office and away i went..

I made it to the airport in one hour-had plenty of time to check in, the security line took 40 minutes & the guy took my cleansing cream

DANGT! 30 bucks!! UGH! you can ONLY have liquids 3oz or less..mine was 4.3 BUT HALF EMPTY--he said he "understood" but quickly confenscated it anyway..rude.

I realized i hadnt had any breakfast so i swung myself into Mcdonalds for a combo meal, im sitting in line and who should appear?? this guy!

Joey from Nsync he ordered then turned around & i said "whats up joey?" he said "not much, how ya doing?" it was like we were in highschool--good times...

As i finished my grub i walked out to see this guy..

will.i.am from black eyed peas-not quite approachable so i didnt say hi this time--
they were both flying to NY--

I waited till EVERYONE loaded themselves onto the plane-that always makes me laugh..why HURRY to get in line only to HURRY and SIT ON THE TINY PLANE FOR 20 minutes while everyone else gets loaded on???? i always wait till its practically taking off before i go on it..i just walked right in, put my bag up and sat down..

I had previously bought my gossip magazines, but the man next me decided to talk my ear off--he did give me some good advice about having girls..one was to to tell the boy who takes your daughter out we dont do "curb side pick ups" & that he was EXPECTED to come CLEAR INSIDE into the livingroom, & to tell him he was to have your daughter back by 11:23 (always give some random time) & that we dont do "curb side drop off's"..& if she wasnt right in that same exact livingroom spot by 11:23pm, you arent going to go looking for her, you'll only be looking for HIM!! i thought that was hilarious--he said it worked like a charm--

We landed & off i went to get this:

but they upgraded me to this:


i was a little giddy that the speedometer went up to 140! I did take time to "test" it & it did not disappoint--

I brought my "boyfriend" as jon loving calls it-my GPS he got me for xmas:

to help me get around town--it was SO GREAT TO HAVE!!! i headed down to meet amie & melinda for dinner at Los Hermanos in Lindon--

After dinner-i followed melinda down to her house which was the first time i had seen it--SO lovely!! I got unpacked to sleep in the basement bedroom, only i was FREEZING!!! i asked for socks & a sweatshirt...she asked if i wanted to sleep in her sons room...um YES i was just too wimpy cold--i slept with socks, yoga pants, tshirt, sweatshirt, and blanket! ive been in cali too long im guessing...

Woke the next morning, quick shower & off i went.. i hit BYU for a class on raising righteous daughters...it was good--then i headed off to the Ashman Candle warehouse & met with the owner-we discussed business ideas, I then headed to my friend from HS days Jared Wingers office for a visit, he wasnt there but had me swing down the street to his house to visit--that was fun, then i swung past his sisters house Kelly for a visit--she has 7 kids the oldest just turned 9--her & her hubby brian are as cute as ever--sorry no pictures of these visits?!?! i didnt have my camera in good use till saturday!??!

After my two visits i headed to Orem to meet up with melinda & two of her friends at Outback Steak house--good grub--this is the beginning of melinda's generousness..she paid for my entire meal!! HOW NICE!! we then headed to the mall to catch the made of honor movie-but both showings were sold out..darn..so we opted for this!
--SO GRUBBILICIOUS!!!


We then drove home, I helped her download her photos into a memory book for her moms for mothers day--then off to crash in bed..woke up again, quick shower & it was now SHOPPING TIME! OH YA!!! who doesnt love that with NO KIDS!!!!!!!
First we went to the mall--i was on the look for jeans..nothing..then headed to ross and found dark denim jeans i wanted, a cute shirt and a jean skirt--Melinda paid for these items..then we headed to downeast basics, i got these two dresses-

in black

in red--SO CUTE!! i also picked up 2 cami's with lace for me, and two for rachel & some WAY cute sunglasses..

AGAIN melinda picked up the tab--i figured out what was going and said "were done shopping! no more paying for me woman!"

We then raced back to her house & quick redress to head to the blog party--no photo of our cuteness darnt!!?? It was a fun event--i KIND OF know some of the ladies there, but really havent kept up on their blogs..there were some HILARIOUS times--good ideas, some tears, and of course good food--i did manage to get a few photos..me & melinda, me & a "new blogger friend", me & kristi cutler-



we stayed clear till 2am--some of those girls just kept us rolling on all night!

Got home, slept in..then quick shower & off to visit more friends & family...
my 1st stop was some friends of ours that are older..the garretts,


then to see becca dulgarian-i love this girl--she is outrageously creative as well--she organized ALL my online buddies from MC to make me a quilt after jons injury..she has a really big heart..her house is reallllyyy cute--she decorates like i do..very simple and no clutter--it was fun to see it for REALS and not just thru her photos...i purchased some of her loot from her to give to my girls--melinda also handed me a bunch of fun things for the girls when i got home too-

its going to be like xmas for them!! thanks ladies!

then off to hang with the Bytheways-- John was off to a fireside (i know shocking huh), but kim & her brood of 6 were there, her parents, one brother, & kims sister tiffany & her brood were there..SO SO FUN!


At 8pm I headed back to the airport, got all checked in..i sat this time next to a cute couple (not LDS -they were AMAZED that i actually had 4 kids!)we played trivia game on the plane (delta now has screens to watch movies, games etc)your SUPPOSE to play ONE seat..(you play against other people on the plane) but all three of us were playing as one seat..we were losing the WHOLE time but were close, then on question 20 right before we landed we got the right answer and WON! all three of us shouted YES and threw our hands up in the air-realizing we probably looked like TOTAL dorks and now the ENTIRE plane knew we won!! hahah

I landed, and headed out to retrive my car which i COULD NOT remember where i parked it!! lovely at 11pm AT NIGHT IN LA!!! i kept pushing my unlock key..finally i saw lights blinking..must me mine, whew! I didnt get into OC till almost midnight, picked up my crew & got home a little before 1am..my house was totally picked up and beautiful---sandra was BUSY BUSY BUSY the entire time jon said..she never stopped..she cleaned up my garages, & REDID MY WHOLE pantry!!! i will have to post a photo..its amazing..she cleaned out my freezer/fridge & cleaned it, cleaned out my cupboards & drawers--everything is amazing!!! she ALSO bought NEW tires for my truck!! im really really lucky to have her...BIG THANK YOU TO MOM for making this trip possible!!!

All in all a GREAT time for me!! Looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

everything pink! said...

it was so great to meet you!

Kim said...

well...that was FAST! It was so great to see you! Thanks for fitting us into your busy busy busy schedule! You're the best!

Rachel said...

Woman- you made the most of that girl's weekend! What a blast! I was so stoked to meet you! You are even more beautiful in person-seriously gorgeous! I love the whole Joey, 'what's up?' thing! Too funny. :)

The Mercer Family said...

So, how funny...Rachel is on here. She is in my ward! I heard all about the blog party on her blog hehe Small world. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! What nice friends you have as well.