Wednesday, May 21, 2008

laundry....bday parties...11 year olds oh my!

i usually stay right on top of my laundry (its upstairs right by my bedroom-which i LOVEEE having it upstairs!!) but ive been lazy & so today i get to get "caught up" on that...

i seem to have a busy week this week--tue (homemaking), wed (primary meeting), thur(cheer/vball RACHELS BDAY), fri (rachels bday party), sat (dads bday party)...

Rachel turns 17 oops i mean 11 this week...seriously she changes everyday..yesterday she came downstairs with the "i have NOTHING to wear"...woaaahhh what??? she's been telling me all month she wants gift cards for "cute clothes"..and so it begins..im curious to see what she thinks is "cute" last time i took her..she was bugged that id dragged her to buy clothes...again..changing!! she's discovered make up-which we put a stop REAL quick to that..i told her ONLY lipgloss CLEAR!!! she's happy with that...

We have a family rule of no sleepovers...im sending the younger 3 down to gma's house & letting her have her friends at our house from 6pm-midnight on friday..i asked her what she plans on doing..she said "easy, have pizza & watch a movie!" i said "great, that takes care of only 2 HOURS what about the other 4??" then her friend chimed in "well usually when we have parties, we talk, gossip, talk about how cute zack effron is.."..uh what?? gossip?? i said, "well theres not gonna be any gossiping here! besides what do you have to gossip about at age 11 anyway????" geesh!! which made me decide to send the younger 3 to gma's so i could be more on top of what was going on here---should be interesting!! i did tell them we could play "kiss the lips on zac" to which they said OH COOL, giggled and scurried along...

6 comments:

The Mercer Family said...

LOL you're so funny. Rachel is lucky to have such a good mom. Man, I look at kids these days...and I don't even have any this age yet...but it amazes me how grown up they want to be. I was a sunday school teacher to 12 year old girls, and then to 16 year old girls. Man, sometimes the conversations would blow me away. I think I will just relish the time right now when my little boy is only 15 months and hope growing up comes extremely slowly! Hang on for for dear life to childhood. :))

Rachel said...

An 11 year old! Wow! And girls mature faster...I bet you'll be getting some good info. I would love to be a fly on the wall at that party!

Rachel said...

An 11 year old! Wow! And girls mature faster...I bet you'll be getting some good info. I would love to be a fly on the wall at that party!

Rachel said...

I posted my comment twice, just in case you wanted to read it again. ;)

Rachel said...

Sorry to get your hopes up when you saw a bunch of comments...

Rachel said...

Too bad they're all from me! Ha! Have a great weekend!