Sunday, December 05, 2010

Highs & Lows:

Lows:

Why is the month of December SO DANG BUSY?! I had stuff everyday/night last week and again this week--why does that bug me?

Jon missing his afternoon medication tonight(my fault-left drugs at home when we went to OC) so he is M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. --sounds like it's going to be a LONG night for the both of us.


Highs:

GNO spur of the moment dinner! Love those--we shut down Yardhouse--we like to gab.

Having the missionaries over for dinner. I'm trying to have them in our home more-it's good for Jon and the girls. This week I made turkey, cheese, tomato on sourdough bread then placed it on the waffle iron-bam ghetto panini's! Add some avocado in there--DUHLISH!

Finding a cabin for our family for Xmas Vacation! This cabin is only 99 per night-ALL the other cabins are ATLEAST 300 per night. We will go the Monday after xmas and stay till Thursday. Happiness all around!

Receiving a GENEROUS gift from a dear friend-which paid for our cabin stay! She has been so sweet to our family. She always says "I have enough-why not share it!" I hope that when the day comes that we have "enough" I follow her example and "share it." It's so nice to know there are people in the world like her.

I was at home and checked into my FB to read how another friend was at the school watching her daughter get an award--I thought to myself "oh shoot both of my younger two are getting awards-is that today?!" Sure enough-IT WAS! SO I jammed around the corner and made it in time-whoo hoo for Facebook!!

Jon & I spending 11 hours, trying to REMEMBER 300 questions to take a test of only 35 to be Ham Radio Certified. Jon only missed ONE question and I only missed THREE. I havent taken a test for about 16 years! It was fun to take the class together, study together (we had about ONE HOUR) & then NAIL the test!

Spending Sunday to clean the house-why is Sunday the BEST day EVER in the week to clean my house?!?!? Oh well-does it count if I sing hymns in my head as keeping the Sabbath Day holy? I hope so. It REALLLLLLY makes for a nice week to start off the week with everything in order. The girls helped and I let them drag in the xmas clutter to decorate. Why does Xmas decor make me feel claustrophobic & grumpy? Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?!

4 comments:

Amber said...

So apparently I threw out the lights with the Christmas tree last year, so my kids have been grumpy that they can't decorate the tree yet. I'm following you and letting them do it. Will be muy interesante.

Dec. is WAYY too busy to get into the christmas spirit, and I have to teach a lesson on that this month-sheesh!

Yay for the cabin. That sounds really fun. Tell Jon hope he feels better and gets his meds going ASAP! Enjoy your hulu or whatever you watch your shows on, cuz it sounds like you'll be up a lot at night!0.0......

Amber said...

00

Melinda said...

Oh no, I hope Jon was okay and is feeling better. Poor guy.

I hate when it is really busy also. I don't function well with it.
I want to complain to the city and tell them they shouldn't have any sports going on in the month of Dec. It's too much besides all of the family/work/ward parties.

Plus I'm grumpy we have no snow! If I have to live here in UT then I had better have snow for Christmas!

Holly said...

I like your highs! The missionaries over is the best for the family.... Congrats on the test - that is so exciting!!! I like reading your things of FB, but so much more detail here - I need to come back to mine more regularly!!!

But I agree - December is WAY too busy! xoxo