Sunday, December 19, 2010

Highs & Lows:

Why do I call it Highs & Lows but start with the Lows?! random thought.

LOWS:
Jon came down with a 103 fever for quite a few days. After several doctor appointments, him giving me the "If this takes me out" speech and some antibiotics later-it was a REALLY bad Urinary Tract Infection.

The COLD weather is not good on Jons body. He is often in cold pain (but never tells anyone other then me!) He pretty gives his standard answer "Hey everything is GREAT!"

Trying to scramble to find jackets & gloves for all of us for the cabin in the snow. Hoping to just borrow it-I cant spend another 300 bucks to be "winter ready" for 3 days out of the year we will ACTUALLY be IN SNOW weather!

A science project looming that is going to be due Jan 5th. Need to bug Sarah to think of something.

HIGHS:
Jon back to himself again. PHEW!

Posting on FB my need for Jackets/gloves and people responding to help and let me borrow stuff--Facebook is SOOOOOOOOOO awesome!

Only having to buy ONE GIFT per child this year. They dont think they are getting any because they chose "no gifts and to go to a cabin instead!"-but I am getting them each ONE gift they REALLY truly wanted. Xmas morning will be sweet and simple.

Getting my DMV junk done with. I had to get a new license with a NEW photo--the stress to be cute! Getting the truck registered. Now I just need to trade in my truck plates for my new NURICHE plates I got.

Celebrating my 15 years of marriage to Jon.

Watching Rachel get award for 5 A's.

Hosting our 1st "Ugly Sweater Party" and having 40 people come and have a great time!

Hosting our 2nd GNO xmas night and having over 20 girls RSVPing to come!

NO SCHOOL FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Glad John was feeling better...and thanks for hosting the rad party ;). Fun to see everyone come out in their "finest".

Melinda said...

I'm so bugged everyone is out of school but our district! What the heck??

I am so glad Jon is feeling back to normal. That sounded pretty scary.

2 fun parties? Sounds fun, hope you had a great time.

Amber said...

Glad Jon's on the mend...that was scary to hear about.

that ugly sweater party is seriously genius!

Science projects, I think, are the worst. Not looking forward to that with my kids.

Enjoy the cabin! Should be oodles of snow to play with!!