Sunday, October 17, 2010

Highs & Lows:

LOWS:

Coming home from church to see my neighbor extending their front yard fence. I knew we where too ghetto for them.

They are "interesting" folks. I think in the almost nine years we've lived here we've had maybe three conversations?! Maybe they just got tired of looking at my weeds.....


It looks a little random to have it stick out right there--oh well.

The cooler weather is not easy on Jons body. He is like my own weather man! His body gets really tight and uncomfortable when it's cold. The past couple of days (and two more days ahead of us) have been a little hard on him. Naturally he'd NEVER let anyone know that though.

This past week my schedule was ALL free and clear-as I look back at it tonight every single day I had something going on--good grief!

Monday Jon had a DR appointment-we discussed some good medication he tried for two weeks that really helped his bladder. Unfortunately it's not really covered by insurance. We are working on it-but if it does get help from insurance our copay for a 30 day supply is $75---for heaven sakes.

HIGHS:

Getting my taxes done in ONE HOUR AND getting a refund!?!?! How did THAT happen!?! Total blessing (the one hour time & the refund).

Our Disneyland passes expired on the 15th! Yes I am aware that I have posted this in the HIGH section--I am not a real fan of Disneyland between the crowds, long lines, frustrated parents with their impatient children--not my scene. We decided since they expired soon to keep the kids home from school and hit it "one last time." Only down fall was it was also UEA (Utah Education Association) which means the schools have that week off which translates really to Utahans Entering Anaheim! It ended up being pretty crowded and I felt like I was in Zion.

Rachel got asked to join the Jr High Leadership Camp (for school council). She's not involved in any of the leadership positions but was asked to come anyway. She is on yearbook and her design was chosen for the yearbook for the year. Kind of fun for her to get asked to come! (She's has had her phone taken away for 4 weeks as well as FB-and I must say it's been heavenly.)

She's a good girl-just needs to stay busy with good things!!!! Teenagers are H.A.R.D.--especially girls!

Friday night I had my family come over for a get together. I had an Aunt/Uncle visiting from Arizona so we all got together. It ended up with the women at the dining room table (yeah we pretty much all quickly ran in there so the men had no where to sit! HA) and the men gathered/ate in the living room. I love my mom's side of the family--they are SO FUN and SO down to earth. My grandparents had SEVEN daughters and THREE sons!!!! The house was chaos with lots of kids running around-but I love that and it doesnt bother me. I know some people can't handle that--but truly I have learned to tune kid chaos out! HA

Family is such an important unit. It's important to always get together as much as one can. I LOVE having my house full of people--especially when it's family!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I am nervous for when Ash is a teenager. She is already pretty hard. Blake on the other hand? I am having so much fun with him. It's just he and I in the evenings since Jason studies all night and then when he is away it's just us again. I think we have fun together. Plus Blake is super chatty so I know pretty much everything going on with him.

I don't know what to think about the neighbor thing. Maybe it has nothing to do with you guys?

I am learning that I don't enjoy dland. I loved it when it was empty but now that they sell the passes for so cheap and everyone has them it is always busy! We have decided not to go for quite a while. We want to save up and buy a time share for a house boat on lake powell. We want to change directions with our vacations. It can't all be about the mouse!