Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just thinking....

I have been asked to speak to some ladies in the other ward about facing trials..I realize i should probably get to work on this since its NEXT SATURDAY that i am to deliver!! yikes!

Today has been an interesting day for me..i received a voice message from my friend Amy Novak about a family who had an accident in February. WWW.scottortizeupdate.blogspot.com I visited his site and immediately felt the need or prompting to go visit scott and his wife wendy. I made arrangements for my girls and headed off to the Fontana Kaiser. I found his room and stepped in-Scott was resting in his bed I proceeded to tell him who I was and how I came about to his blog. He said his wife had just stepped out and would be back shortly and that she was anxious to meet me. Very soon after Wendy, his wife, came in and immediately we hugged. It was a little overwhelming for me to think that I am now in a position to off her help and assistance and a listening ear to someone else who is now JUST BEGINNING to go thru what we have gone thru this past year and a few months. It will be good for both of us as wives to have eachother to talk to about our excitements and frustrations.

With this event fresh in my mind-I went thru the beginning of my blog archives which Im SO BLESSED TO HAVE-and realized just how blessed we truly have been. Jon has come amazingly so far in such little time. To think there were many nites where he wasnt even sleeping! He wasnt eating! What really has brought tears to my eyes is to go thru the comments family, friends and strangers have left -to read their thoughts, encouragements and hopes for the best--thats just really something. Im grateful for the technology these days to have such instant thoughts of hope from around the world-even Brazil! To again witness people changing because of the trial our family is going thru. Another favorite quote of mine is the purpose of this life is to "change".

Well time for me to get back to work around here-the house is settling down for the night-Robert will be here tomorrow to help us-I need to utilize him as the HANDY MAN-i have like 37 lightbulbs that need to be replaced! Good Times!

Thanks AGAIN many many many thanks again to all those that continue to read the blog-im sorry i havent been good at updating--with kids out for the summer its been a little hetic-we are all still doing very well and very happy--continue those prayers for jon that his body will recover with the work of project walk-he's a fighter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's your perspective on things that I find so uplifting. Just so you know, the day to day is interesting to the rest of us, because we love you guys. Take care.

huneybezzz3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there,
can you tell us again how to read about the man you went to visit at the hospital? I cant seem to get to it.
I think that is WONDERFUL that you went to help them both. Gosh Christina,...you will be a great help and guide for them.
Thanks