Monday, January 08, 2007

Testing complete



Jon made it to his testing..and he did GREAT for his first day they said!! thats good news!! it was about a 1.5 hr long visit..my dad drove us up there and my mom helped here at home..she made broccoli soup YUM AND a chocolate cake for fhe! WHOO HOO!!! i think my mom is secretly trying to fatten up jon!! hehehe

tomorrow my dad will drive us down to carlsbad and again my mom will stay here with the little ones..he has to be there from 12-2pm...

today jon has been a little sad...more towards the evening..he said its REALLY hard to not be able to move anything..it gets to him sometimes and he's never mad..just sad...he had rolled into the piano room and looked up and broke down realizing he's NEVER been upstairs to the girls' room for 10 months, he's never put the girls to bed, never seen our room, etc..its just a little hard...he also said that he use to be SOOO productive! he was the guy that took 7 classes at HS AND sports..and full loads at BYU AND working full time, he'd work LONG hours at work, first one in and last one out type thing..and now..he just simply cant work that way anymore, and if anyone knows jon..that is so difficult for him to not be so productive.

later this evening, as the girls were all wanting to sit on my lap at the same time, and me feeling suffocated as usual..he noticed and said "what can i do?" which honestly sometimes makes me think..do i need to write it out?..i asked him softly "what do YOU think you can do to help me?" ..he said.."i dont know, maybe gather them all into the office and tell them our old stories?" perfect i said..he felt like old dad jon again doing that..im so glad he was able to do that, it really boosted his Spirit and made him realize that he cant do a LOT of things, BUT he can do some of the most IMPORTANT things..some fathers arent even able to do that sometimes..

well its time to start fhe and eat the chocolate cake!!! thanks mom!!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

That is such a nice story. I don't know your family, but came across your blog through a friend of a friend. I think of your family often. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

kellibelli said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I love the pictures too! You are such a cute couple. Thank you for keeping us updated. We are still keeping you in our prayers.