Sunday, October 08, 2006

better each day..

well its really getting better by the day..his original sore looks SOOO much better..also the other 2 now..its crazy! they are more like a hole in his skin! this may be gross..so if your weak..dont read this! basically..its more like a boil maybe or a cyst type thing?? there was a hard mass and then it came to an opening..so essentially today the nurse was able to put a medical (qtip basically) into the hole which is the size of my pinky nail and have it go to the left- but it was TOTALLY under the skin!! does that make sense!!??! it was insane and quite and eye opener for me!!! that is where all the gunk is coming out of ..thats where it is draining thru..so the mass is for sure decreasing and draining out..so now that there is this good size whole basically in his skin..they kind of like "pack" in some stuff to seal up the hole and patch it up..they do that daily..anyway-JUST CRAZY!!!
he's doing okay..from 10pm-5am he's blazing hot..last nite i put a fan on him..i had to turn the AC down to 74..then at 5am-12pm he's FREEZING..
his bowels are back to working again - so thats always helpful as well!

he continues to stay in bed and work on his laptop getting the magazine article finished he's working on..between my dad and jons dad..they are helping with the actual magazine layout.. thanks guys!!!! i think my dad may come out tomorrow too..

well again thank you so much for your prayers..i hope he can get back into his chair and be sort of normal again..just last nite he said..i cant believe ive spend the past 4 months or so in my livingroom..its hard for me at nites mostly as usual..that is the time its quiet and i think about our past..and yet i somehow block it out cuz it ends up just making me sad and want to cry..probably not good to keep blocking out our past memories..but for right now..that seems to be what im doing..honestly right now i think it would be way too hard for me to see images of him walking..as i sit and type that sentence out im bawling like a baby..
ive realized its very easy to be strong when your life is going smoothly..its a big challenge to be strong when your daily life is like this..it makes you realize the REAL important of daily prayer and scripture reading and all those things we hear over and over again..i think maybe this is a lesson im learning..that right now i need to continue to do those things not because im ASKED to but because i HAVE/NEED to!

well girls are home from church- i need to wipe my eyes and put on the happy face!! its good every once in a while shed a tear- kind clears the air!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea that those sores were so deep and yucky! How long (typically) does it take them to heal?
Last week DH and I went to the temple and put your names on the prayer roll. (Hopefully I'm not repeating myself) Just want you to know that extra prayers are being offered on your behalf.
All you said about faith, prayer, scriptures and being strong when things are difficult is so very true. I guess that without the trials and tests we wouldn't have to turn to the Lord as much and we might think that our great lives had something to do with how wonderful WE are instead of how marvelous HE is! Yes, I've had to learn that lesson the hard way!!
You are a super sweet mother and wife...always willing to go the extra mile for your family. Go easy on yourself...you are still grieving the loss of your "old normal" and a good "boohoo" whenever you need it is healthy.
I admire you in many ways and know that you will be strengthened more and more as time goes by! I have also learned that lesson the hard way!!

Dottee

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with you and your family and feel the need to comment.

Bless your heart and allow yourself a good cry, it serves as a much need release for many things.

I do agree with your comments re: trials...we do become content sometimes and forget to rely on the Lord, forget to study and learn and pray. I know that I do and have. Trials help us to refocus and I know that through my own trials I KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me and is keenly aware of my struggles, what comfort that brings, we all need the "Balm of Gilead" to soothe and comfort our souls.

I'm glad to hear that Jon is healing.

Mary said...

I knew Jon in high school (from seminary and stake activities). Months ago I came across the news article abut Jon on LDS.org and hoped it wasn't about the Jon I knew way back when. A friend told me it was and that you had this great web site.

I have really enjoyed reading it. I admire your strength, love and decication and especially for what you wrote today.

Keep up the good work. All the way out in Virginia, we are thinking of you.
Mary Hawkins Allen