Thursday, February 09, 2012

Highs & Lows

Lows:

Having to pay $101 to fill up my denali. I'm so grateful I work from home and that the HS is around the corner, JR High up the street, softball up the street, gymnastics up the street, the younger two walk to and from school, the bank down the street, fresh & easy down the street, walgreens down the street, and that wendys/carls jr/del taco are down the street!!!! Too bad my Target is 10 minutes away. They will be building a SUPER Target about 1 minute from me-not sure when that will be done-but then I will be set!
I SERIOUSLY live in the PERFECT spot.

Taking Anna to her FIRST karate class--wow that was a no joke class. It was 1.5 hours LONG and at the end all I had to say was "So thinking you want to do gymnastics with Becca instead?" She relieved a huge "YES!"--It will be fun to be doing it with Becca and their friend Kate.

Chase bank calling me DAILY after the 5th of the month bugging me about our mortgage payment. We got our loan modification last year (our rate dropped from 5.125% to 2% for 1st-5th year, 3% on 6th year, 4% on 7th year and 4.375% year 8 on out.) and apparently they call you every.single.day after the 5th of the month to see where their money is. The last call I said DO NOT CALL ME!!! Yet they still do. I just pick it up and hang it up. Good grief already.

MANY.LATE.NIGHTS with our new business venture-its SO TRUE when you own your own and run it YOU WORK YOURSELF TO DEATH! But the rewards are a total pay off. We are actually working on a way to not have to stay up so late--it's a work in progress but we are BEYOND THANKFUL for the support its providing our family no doubt. Thank HEAVENS for my Nuriche REVIVE to keep me going!

HIGHS:
Driving (speeding) to Todd/Celene's ward to be there for Taylors ordination. Chad drove down with 3 of his boys-we were all in this TINY room and then all of us Hales walked in--Chad joked "Um is Taylor in here anywhere?!" It was awesome. So great to be there to support family like that-I REALLY do love that about Jons family. SO VERY AMAZINGLY supportive in all things that are important!

Hanging with the fam bam after the ordination. Jon SO LOVES his brothers-they truly are his best friends. It always makes me tear up to see how they interact with each other. I also SO LOVE that the cousins REALLLLLLY like to be with each other. I am so grateful we have them close by!

Online Bill Pay--does anyone write checks anymore?! HA I even pay my tithing online. It's so nice to hop on the computer-pay EVERYTHING and be done in 10 minutes.

Rachel is doing SO.MUCH.BETTER. we still have her cell and iTOUCH. She's meeting NEW people from the Track team who are GOOD KIDS. She's seeing how they are different. She's wanting to hang with them more then her old volleyball girls-who are nice-but kind of catty. (Ya know the kind who talk about the one girl who just left to get a drink of water.) She's nervous about leaving that group to hang with other track kids. I told her she totally should and can. She's going to once track season actually starts so it wont feel/be so awkward for her. YEAH FOR POSITIVE CHANGES! I'm surprised she isnt BEGGING for her stuff back. We did tell her it would be "a while" and that we were "watching" her.

Sarah JUST MIGHT be the FIRST to get all straight A's on her report card. That girl is doing goooood-she'll come home, totally do hw/ chores. She's on the ball--till Anna gets home then by the end of the night she's driving us crazy. Good thing she's in softball to be out of the house. It totally helps. We told her IF she gets ALL straight A's she's getting something MAJOR. We already know what it is-but she doesnt. WAY FUN. Rachel would get all A's then a LAME B in PE or Band--hello--those are suppose to be the EASY A's!!! So Sarah would be the first.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

The calling would get so old!!

I think it is so awesome that you all support each other. I don't even know if we have ever had one family member on either side come for any of Blake's ordinations. We only live 5 mins away from Jason's parents and we can't even get them to come to the kids games, grandparents day, anything. It's really sad. Blake turns 16 next month and I'm sure it will be just our own little family when he gets ordained a Priest.

I am so glad Rachel is doing better. What a relief.

The molds set up in only 10-15 mins. It's super fast. That's the way I roll when it comes to crafty things.