Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Days...

of school went smooth--got Rachel off to Junior High on time (early) which was smart due to TRAFFIC nightmares with shuttling all the kids there..she made it to all her classes, figured out her "route" is had fun seeing she had a few kids she knew in EACH of her classes--she even found the "mormon table" -so all is well!
sarah is going to have a fun year, as is Anna--good teachers, good friends--
had fun walking with becca to kindergarten-she's in the PM class and has one friend in there she's good friends with so that made the "drop off" easy! NICE

I picked Rachel up at 2pm-then the other 3 walked home at 3pm--i had a nice plate of warm chocolate chip cookies waiting for them (my tradition!)--devoured & enjoyed.

We stuck to our schedule, scripture reading at 730, followed by brush teeth, hair, jammies etc by 8pm they were in their rooms either coloring or reading, lights out at 830--FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am debating about starting a NO TV/CANCEL dish beginning sept 1st..surprisingly i decided to go to bed at 1030pm vs watching tv--im having tooth pain and didnt sleep the night before so im SURE that encouraged me to not watch tv--i took a vicodin and slept like a BABY--sooooo great. We will see if i continue the challenge or not...

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I have "adopted" your cookie tradition. I do sugar cookies cut out in the grade number they are in. My sister bakes far superior chocolate chip cookies than I do, so they always ask me to make frosted sugar cookies. Now, if I could only adopt the scripture study and bed routine and GET IT TO STICK!

kim said...

I don't always post, but ALWAYS love reading your blog. You're such a cutie! Our kids don't go back until September 10, so we're loving having all of the community playgrounds to ourselves while the rest of the neighborhood kids are in school! ;) About the tv...we cancelled cable, and while it was hard for a little while, I find myself doing more important things. Sure, my workouts now take place during morning news rather than exciting dramas, but other than that, I think it was a good decision. Good luck! ;)