Monday, August 11, 2008

Beach, Beach & MORE Beach

We sure have had lots of beach time! We went on Wednesday to the beach house that Jons Gma rents every year the last week of July right on the sand on 17th street.

Jon got to go with this time..Tim his cousin LUGGED him ALL the way out to the water in his wheelchair SO NICE of him-the girls REALLY wanted to Jon to see them ride all the waves..he was surprised at how far they went out and all the mad skills they had! The girls LOVEDDD having dad there!! Rachels almost caught on to doing a 360--
We went again on Friday as well! I was trying to leave on Friday from the beach, but Rachel stayed in the waves for 45 minutes nonstop to get some last minute riding in--that girl is crazy!
Sunday I was incharge of the ENTIRE 2 hours of Primary.

The 1st Sunday of the month I get the whole time to do singing time. So I made footprints, one said Baptism & had little footprints with things like honesty, tithing, loving family, prayer etc that led to the other footprint labeled baptism. With each little footprint was a primary song they had to figure out what the footprint clue was-it was fun and SO fun to sing OTHER songs besides the ONE song we are stuck learning that entire month. As fun as it was...after 2 hours of nonstop I was ready to go home and NAP FOREVER!!
Tuesday again more beach time with our friends the Blackmuns back at CDM my fav spot-followed by dinner at the Hales. I made my homemade chicken pot pie & everyone loved it--i fed 16 people i think!?!?
Thursday was volleyball--

always a good time however I think Im ready for some city league play at this place
come October..

Saturday my sister Heidi came over with her 2 little ones one of them who ended up in the ER!?!? HELLO! Sarah tossed a water balloon at his head which resulted in him getting a gash in his head from hitting the corner of the spa spillover..OOPS! Never a dull moment in Heidi's life for sure---
Sunday we headed to OC to celebrate Bdays for the month of August--which they had this AWESOME costco chocolate cake..

man..still thinking about it GRUBILICIOUS!!!
Its now monday...I MADE ALL my kids do the house cleaning, being at the beach all the time, the house kind of gets out of control-we are good to pick up and put stuff into a basket, but once the baskets start PILING UP its time to get in gear!! So i DUMPED all the baskets into the living room & made them sort out toys, trash, clothes & blankets-then they all had to put it all away, then i made them dust ALL the downstairs (they each had their own room)& i had to "pass them off"--THEN i had the older 2 sweep & mop the wood floors...can you say FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now its the end of Monday, Ive paid my bills online, taken out the trash, got dinner going & working on FHE my day is successful. Oh DANGT! i JUST now remembered to give jon his medicine that was SUPPOSE to be given at 3pm...its now 5pm..so I am humbled & not as successful as I thought I was!?!?! rhghhghg it never ends huh!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

what a fun catch up post! Wow your beach days sound fabulous!!!
Fun to see that huge picture of the new community center. Sorry to hear about Heidi's little boy, hope he's doing OK.

Melinda said...

How fun to spend so much time at the beach. I do miss that place. I think I would be a beach bum with the kids if I still lived there. I LOVE the water.

Have you never had the costco cake? That is always the thing to buy when people are coming over or baby shower/party. Always a huge hit and it feeds sooo many people.

Hope you have a good week and I still LOVE my apple!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun summer...yeah, the house always suffers at the expense of going places. Not to mention the minivan that looks like a trashhole at the end of each week!

michelle said...

It sounds like your beach days were wonderful! I am glad that Jon was able to be there, with all of you. After reading your post I am going to have a chat with my kiddos. They could help around here much more than they do! :P)

loubige said...

Sounds like it's been a great summer, I'm so glad that Jon got to see the girls playing at the beach.
That community center looks sweet! I would love to play city league volleyball with you if I was still there. I went and played at the YMCA this week with a friend of mine and dang those chicks are SERIOUS! It was so fun---it's really hard for me to get used to the fairly new rule that your first and third hits can be "double hits"....it was so engrained in me to NOT do that in high school, gotta learn.

That Costco cake looks delish....I've only had the chocolate bundt one, I'll have to look for that one.

Have a great last weekend before school starts...we have one more week of freedom.

marci said...

Hey Hales Family-Haven't caught up with you in a while. Looks like you are super busy these days. We know the feeling! You do wonderful things for so many people-that food run is awesome! We haven't had a chance to go anywhere fun this summer-so we are headed off to go camping this weekend! Keep in touch! Marci Ward