Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

We've had a REALLY fun summer, beach days on tuesdays, swim days on mondays/wednesdays and fridays-carls jr from gpa on fridays--bbq's, movies lots of good times!

Here is a photo of my cuz jason playing the drums on the girls (he use to be in a band and is a REALLY fun guy-always the life of EVERY party!)


i had some of my cousins that live nearby for a bbq--so fun! i love family!!!

It has been fun getting "new" things for the girls for school (THANKS gma!)they each had their "first day of school" outfits-shopping with girls is SO FUN! so far still very modest and no skimpy sketchy stuff! WHEW!

On Sunday I put together our family schedule-no need to read just for my documentation purposes:
730 wake
800 school/mom@gym
900 Albertsons
300 homework/chore
530 make dinner
600 eat/dishwasher/pick up rooms/read scriptures as family w/Hiss Forth books
730 prepare for sleep/showers/brush teeth/jammies
800 color/read
830 lights out
900 stretching

CHORES for girls after homework:

Mon: bathrooms
Tue: stairs
We : wipe back door
Thu: clean own rooms
Fri: take out trash

Sat morning chores:
office-Becca
TV room-Anna
piano room-Rachel
dining room-Sarah
Sweep floor-Sarah
Mop floor – Rachel

FHE:
1st mom
2nd dad
3rd rachel
4th sarah
5th PLAY DAY!

We use a marble jar reward/punishment system that works GREAT for us--thanks to gma for giving FUN stuff to the treasure box!

We had a family meeting sunday night to go over all of this, it was followed up with jon giving each of the four girls a fathers blessing for school..they were so precious and placed a pillow at the foot of his wheelchair and laid their head on his knees so he could reach them with his hands..so tender & sweet. He told them he was grateful that this was something that HE could do for THEM.

The girls had a GREAT 1st day of school--



this is how becca spent the day today after an hour at the water park with a friend!


The girls were treated with homemade warm chocolate chip cookies when they got back

(its a family tradition we do with them).

After homework/chores-they went swimming:


At the dinner table we go around and everyone says what made them mad or sad or frustrated that day, then we go around and ask what made them happy that day-its a great way to hear how their day REALLY went! It was fun to hear how school REALLY went today for them--

Today I started back at the gym-SO FUN! im SHOCKED that i ate VERY POORLY (like mcdonalds for breakfast, carls jr for lunch followed by del taco for dinner- I KNOW in one day ive done that! and on SEVERAL occassions)so i thought FOR SURE i had gained 10 lbs or more--but MUCH TO MY SURPRISE i only gained 2lbs..hmmm crazy..but its good to be back at the gym doing my circuit training/protein shake drinking.
Im THRILLED that i can still fit into these bad girl jeans!

Im working on a no sugar no white flour no soda gig..im committed..tonight i had a turkey burger with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes with lettuce wrapped around it! SO GRUB!

On my food runs I do to Albertsons, I used french bread, pizza sauce, cut up tomatoes, mushrooms & peppers & we made french bread pizza- SO GRUBILICIOUS too!!









9 comments:

loubige said...

The girls look cute! I love first day of school photos.....
Congratz with the jeans! I am trying to decide if I should cancel my membership or reactivate it and I'm scared to step back on that scale after this summer of no working out and eating to my hearts content, yikes, oh well! Back to the grindstone.

Andrea said...

Cute pics of the girls on their first day!

Kristen said...

Christina what a fun post. Your girls looked so cute for their first day, i loved that they matched and what cute shirts those were!
Your schedule looks great, I remembered your tradition of chocolate chip cookies and almost made them for my kids but knew I would end up eating them myself haha
I'm impressed with your new diet, no sugar or white flour, does that mean no more BJ's for us?!?!? darn:)
Great to be back on a routine!

smithfam said...

Yeah! An update!!!!

Lookin good in them jeans!!!!
I feel like I am rolling out of mine today. I have been bad on my diet for a couple weeks. I mean BAD!

Fun pictures of the girls and their cute new outfits.
Good luck on the schedule!!

Kim said...

Christina, you blow my mind. I'm especially touched by the sweet spirit of your post...you and Jon are such great parents and really have your priorities set straight. Lucky girls. They will grow up to be confident, happy, and grounded. Way to go! I learn so much from you!

Unknown said...

Ola Cris, tudo bem. Vimos as fotos de voces, as meninas estao lindas voces estao de parabens. Aqui tudo bem gracas a Deus. Acesse o nosso blog: orkut sgtricardo1@gmail.com ou procurar por Ricardo e Eliane. beijos Ricardo.

Unknown said...

Hello Cris, so good. We saw the photos of you, the girls are beautiful you are, congratulations. Here it well thanks to God. Visit our blog: orkut sgtricardo1@gmail.com or search for Ricardo and Eliane. Ricardo kisses

Haircutmom said...

You ARE amazing!

Melinda said...

Nice schedule. Love those and live by it. Cute pictures of the girls.