Sunday, May 29, 2011

Girls Weekend, New Garden, Teenagers...

Last weekend was my annual Girls Weekend--i LOVE it! Sadly we only took like FOUR photos the entire time!?

Probably because we were too busy sleeping, eating or shopping-just as it should be I say! I LOADED UP at Nordstroms Rack--I've been wearing the SAME black skirt with different shirts for two years now-it was time to find something else. I got LOTS of pencil skirts ($16.97) & LOTS of cardigans ($14.57) & LOTS of cute ruffly tanks ($12.95) to go under the cardigans & a pair of SUPER expensive jeans that were cheap and WAY cute summer denim shorts.

While on Girls Weekend-Jons mom Sandra came to stay with him & the four girls. Each year I go, she comes & plants my garden for me. The girls worked to clear it all out-and then mainly Anna/Becca helped her plant the new crop. The girls (Sarah/Anna) have been watering the garden & watching it-so cute.

Over the weekend I invited some of the youth Rachel's age to play in the pool & have pizookies-surprisingly they all ended up playing the Wii's Just Dance 2-


it was like a stake dance in our livingroom--so fun.

This week is our LAST week of school--We have Sarah's 6th grade promotion on Thursday at 9am, then Rachel's 8th grade graduation on Friday at 9am. They already had the awards for Rachel's grade--she ended up getting the Bronze Award for Honors both years, Excellence in Mathematics & the Presidents Award for Outstanding Academics. Seriously-this girl is going places! It will be fun to see what awards the other girls get this week. I REALLY do NOT know how we got such smart girls--every single one of them get amazing grades and are all in the Gate Program. With the huge trial we already have going on-it TRULY is a blessing to me that my girls can get their homework done & somehow manage to get good grades. Now if I could just get them to keep their rooms cleaned..........

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hey--who's perfect? Most people don't get smart kids or clean kids, but you have one of those(the important one)!!! They can all be wealthy and take care of you in your old age :>

GNO...someday, a fantasy for me.

Andrea said...

I've been wanting to get some pencil skirts. I'll have to check the rack when I head to town on Thursday. :)

Melinda said...

I really need a gno. Jealous.