Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WHEWWWW thats overwith!

Jon was asked to give a 45 minute fireside talk to the Orange Stake YW's girls camp--we went to that last night (Robert, Sandra, Venessa Frutos & myself)--jon did SUCH a great job! I was impressed!! He was hilarious too--which surprised me because his not a huge fun of comedy relief in talks..but he was FUNNY! his talk was on surviving trials..which includes Prayer, Persistence, Priesthood, & Patience.

The past week for me meant keeping the kids OUT of the house so he could concentrate..which is always hard to do..we spent time swimming at our friends pools (the resorts i like to call them!) We have a pool in our own backyard, but our resort friends have massive slides! We did our weekly trip to the beach-meeting up with our friends the Blackmuns-who treated us to frozen chocolate bananas and a TO DIE chocolate covered cheesecake of which im STILL thinking about-we shared it between the adults..no one could eat the WHOLE thing by themselves...too rich!

We've been having fun catching up with friends via facebook (ie the beach, our friends the wagners, sheldon came for a visit, hooking up with the limburgs at our house for FHE next monday).

Im LOVING my new cell phone!

I called Sprint & used my "mad skills" to get this phone for free & get a bunch of other "hook ups" & a cell phone bill DROP for the family-Robert YOU STILL OWE ME DINNER!! HELLO!!!
Im also texting like MAD-jon laughs everytime my text ring goes off--

Well today I think we are heading to "our beach"

this is the big hill we have to trek down-i usually put all our stuff on the boogie board and pull it down and up the hill...it works great!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

How did you get the phone for free? Isn't that like a 500$ phone?

Rachel said...

That phone is so rad! Love the pink! And my gosh, the beach looks breathtaking! It's been so dang hot we could use some BEACH!

Thanks for the blog link! I have another audition tomorrow for a video for Nuskin. I have NO ACTING experience and actually signed to model, so this is all so new and exciting! The Tide thing didn't work out, but maybe it was preparing me for THIS! Again, thanks!

michelle said...

It looks like your having tons of fun!!! Your girls look like little beach beauties! I am happy to see you blogging again! :)

Cecilia said...

Looks like you are having a fun summer!
I want some of your "mad skills"...LOL